Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 9:24pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« The Correct Scorpio Heater Matrix »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   The Correct Scorpio Heater Matrix
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Correct Scorpio Heater Matrix  (Read 1262 times)
DJWerkz

Email

The Correct Scorpio Heater Matrix
« on: Jul 11th, 2005, 11:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Some of you will be aware from my other recent posts that I have had a real task trying to get the correct heater matrix for my Scorpio.  Most motor factors and even some radiator companies will sell you the heater matrix as used in the Sierra and MK3 Granada.
This is NOT the correct unit, these only have a core size of 245 whereas the correct Scorpio unit should be at least 280 (thiis makes no difference to the actuall overall physical dimensions of the unit).
So as to assist other Scorpio owners I am providing the details of the company below as they can readily source the correct matrix (they were recommended by my local Ford parts trade counter as Ford did not have any idea what the correct matrix should be either!).

Kempston Radiators Ltd.
2 Sunbeam Road
Woburn Road Industrial Estate
Kempston
Bedford
MK42 7BY
Tel.: 01234 851256
Fax: 01234 841410

Price was £68.00 + VAT and they said it was an original Ford patent unit manufactured by a a third party.
IP Logged
TaperOne

135k 98 2.3 Ultima Estate

View Profile Email

Re: The Correct Scorpio Heater Matrix
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 8:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

HI Everyone,

Just to tell you that I used Kempston Radiators yesterday to order a new heater matrix.
It arrived this morning Grin.  

Fantastic service.

I mentioned the info about the core size that DJWerkz posted (good research mate) and they knew what I was talking about straight away. £76.73 including next day delivery. Can't be bad.

Highly recommended.

All i've got to now is fit the bloody thing Sad

Not exactly looking forward to it, but I can't stand the smell and misty windows no more.

Cheers

Pete H.

IP Logged
DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 10:11pm »

Great, glad that my research was of use and that Kempston came through for you.  It's funny, Kempston even asked me at the time how long it took to change the matrix and what was involved as they had a 'set' time in their computer system on how long it should take but were worried it was not long enough.

It is a real knuckle scraping job, and there are LOTS of electrical switches and connections to make sure you don't break and put back correctly.

The most difficult part is re-connecting the ducting to the heater box on the drivers side, I had to cut mine, and then reseal with duct tape to get it all back together.
IP Logged
Adrian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25th, 2005, 6:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You didn't say how long it took, in the end !
IP Logged
DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25th, 2005, 6:43pm »

You really want to know? Undecided

It took one morning's work stripping out the dash and getting the heater matrix box out and another mornings work getting the heater box back in and sorting out all the ducting.  I finally spent the best part of another morning (maybe a bit longer) getting all the dash and components back in.

Bear in mind though that I am disabled with chronic back problems so you healthy guys could probably manage it much quicker Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.