Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 6:25am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 12 v Hydraulic tappets. (Again)! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   12 v Hydraulic tappets. (Again)!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 12 v Hydraulic tappets. (Again)!  (Read 678 times)
Allen

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

12 v Hydraulic tappets. (Again)!
« on: Aug 1st, 2006, 11:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, firstly, thanks to all those who've given me valuable advise in the past however i need advise on this matter one final time.
My 12 valve still has the annoying tappet noise even after having flushed out the oil galleries as advised and re-filled with decent oil. (on 2 occasions).
The noise is not terrible - its just there, and it shouldnt be - you all know what i mean.
The motor has just passed the 100K mark but does have good history and to the best of my experience - is not lacking significantly in the performance department. (No more than you would expect a 12v to be anyway).
Am i resigned now to replacing the hydraulic tappets in my desperation to rid the motor of this annoying noise? If so can anybody give me an indication as to how much this little escapade is going to cost me.
Has anyone had experience replacing the hydraulic tappets on one of these motors and if so would you care to comment on the job in general.
Ps... Almost finished converting the car to run on LPG using the latest Bi Gas conversion kit so i'll let you know how this turns out in due course. Early indications are excellent.
Thanks in advance to anyone who cares to share their opinion / experience on the tappet issue.
IP Logged
martin_rowe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: 12 v Hydraulic tappets. (Again)!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2nd, 2006, 8:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That engine suffered from poor oil feed to the rocker shaft in the early days of mk3 granada, resulting in excessive wear in the rocker shafts & rockers, worth a check.
IP Logged

Rally Drivers Do It Sideways
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.