Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 12:16am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Fitting in an aftermarket keyless entry system »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Fitting in an aftermarket keyless entry system
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fitting in an aftermarket keyless entry system  (Read 1441 times)
wojtekor

Email

Fitting in an aftermarket keyless entry system
« on: Apr 25th, 2009, 11:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I understand that many people buy Scorps with no fobs for the keyless entry system. New fobs from Ford are pretty expensive and it's pretty hard to get them in good overall condition second-hand and for a good price.  

You may think about fitting in an aftermarket keyless entry system which shouldn't cost you more then 20-30£ or less... and usually u get at least 2 fobs Wink
Besides, it may be a cheaper way to solve the worn locks issue that also occurs quite often Wink  
There are also known cases when people don't hear the bong after turning the ignition to I for 4 times which can have many causes but results in impossibility of programming the original fobs...

If you want to save some precious Pounds or have a faulty original keyless entry system, then this is the solution for you.

First take the glove compartment off, you should see a black unit with 3 sockets and 2 plugs in it just above the ECU.  
If there isn't one, then that's probably why you weren't able to hear the bong when trying to programme the original fob.
No worries, even if it's not there there has to be a loose plug we need Wink
You'll need the wires from the bigger/thicker plug.

NOTE: there is absolutely no need to unplug the plug from the unit to perform this operation Wink you can just plug into the wiring coming out of it and your new aftermarket keyless entry system won't interfere in any way with the original one.  

Now you can get your aftermarket keyless entry system ready for plugging in. Please refer to it's manual and ensure to adapt the instruction given here to your needs as the colouring of the wiring in your aftermarket keyless entry system is most likely to be different then the one used here.

Please ensure to set your boot/trunk release signal in your keyless entry system to ' - ' in a way stated in the manual or it won't work and in some cases can even blow the fuse.  

Now you're all set and ready to do the actual job. It's easy, just connect the wires from your keyless entry system to ones in the plug, just like shown in the picture Smiley

Thumbnail:

To view the full pic click here:
http://i43.tinypic.com/ilbvk5.jpg

NOTE:
I've changed my whole car security etc. to Clifford right after I bought my car, to be more precise a specialized garage did it for me. So I have never ever messed with the original entry system and this solution is taken from a polish Scorpio website where it helped a few people.
I only post it here as people keep looking for fobs, keep having problems with their locks being worn etc. and this may solve all those issues as it's a cheap and easy job.

hope it will help some of you Wink

edited as the photo was too BIG!

i made it smaller Tongue

PS. If you find this guide useful please donate to the website as it keeps our Scorpios running! Cheers.
IP Logged
wojtekor

Email

Re: Fitting in an aftermarket keyless entry system
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25th, 2009, 11:16pm »

scorpio_man cheers for editing my post Wink but i was looking for a solution to keep the pic visible but in the way it doesn't mess the forum layout like it used to Tongue

how do you change pics dimensions in the post so that it fits the window?
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25th, 2009, 11:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi there

most of the hosts have some sort of setting.

photobucket does. i have mine set for 15" screens.

other than that, you would need to use some sort of photo software.

hth
IP Logged
wojtekor

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25th, 2009, 11:21pm »

cheers Smiley i'll look for that option on tinypic Smiley
IP Logged
wojtekor

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25th, 2009, 11:27pm »

ha! i found it Smiley
IP Logged
tonyboy

black2.924Vcoss ( No More )

Tony+Redden   Tony+Redden
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25th, 2009, 11:31pm »

Nice bit of info to know i'll have a look tomorrow see if i already have an aftermarket in. That explain my extra little red light
IP Logged

I think i'm going, erm what do you call it..... Senial.... Huh
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26th, 2009, 12:53am »

If you're using windows XP, right click on the picture/pictures & you'll get an option to resize it/them.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
wojtekor

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 26th, 2009, 1:06am »

Tompion  i was asking for a way to make a thumbnail in the post Wink most advance forum system have it in a bbcode like [img size=480x320][/img], this one doesn't Wink
IP Logged
jtombleson

Scorpio's Rule!!!!

johny7475  
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 14th, 2009, 3:53am »

hi guys,

based on these details and pics i fitted an after market keyless entry system. which i should say thanks to our buddy fo supplying the info,

thou there are some differences there as the 2 yellow wires needed to be reversed( the open and close one's).

the other thing which i found out if you follow these instructions is the alarm will not be armed and disarmed by the new system you fit and the locks will not deadlock.

the boot settings on your keyless entry ecu(new one) should be set to positive not negative as stated above.

for info i have an R reg 2.3 scorpio saloon.

regards
IP Logged
wojtekor

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14th, 2009, 5:25pm »

Quote:

thou there are some differences there as the 2 yellow wires needed to be reversed( the open and close one's).

true... forgot to change that.  

Quote:

the other thing which i found out if you follow these instructions is the alarm will not be armed and disarmed by the new system you fit and the locks will not deadlock.

true, it's just a keyless entry system Wink  

Quote:

the boot settings on your keyless entry ecu(new one) should be set to positive not negative as stated above.

also true Wink forgot to change that either...  

I didn't actually use this solution myself, only took it from the polish forum and made a diagram in english... and only followed the topic on the polish forum for 2 days until it was marked 'solved', then after a while i've noticed some significant updates posted there, that you've already mentioned and forgot to post them here Smiley  

Thanks for doing it for me Wink Glad that it's working Smiley  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.