Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 6:15pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Ebay wishbones »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Ebay wishbones
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ebay wishbones  (Read 1615 times)
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

Ebay wishbones
« on: Nov 21st, 2015, 2:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone bought any front wishbones form Lithuania and have they been ok Huh.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Ebay wishbones
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21st, 2015, 3:14pm »

I bought some recently from Germany and they are fine. (Not fitted yet). Wink This company I confess I had to get help to order but I got a pair for 220 euros including the large rear bush.  This translated to £166 50 Grin

Are These the ones you are referring to? Undecided

Just located the ones I bought via Amazon Here You'd need to search for the other side but note that the large bush is shown unlike all the others.  Grin

If you look at the top of the page it says Rechts( Right) Change that in the search box at the top to Links(Left) and the opposite unit will appear.  

I think my problem came when I tried to do the actual order as the page would not translate into English. Luckily a friend sorted that for me. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21st, 2015, 4:04pm »

I have bought a pair and one side is ok apart from the boot having a hole in it. but the other, n/s, is very poorly made, bush pin loose and in at an angle. I should have asked on here for sugestions before ordering. Angry
IP Logged
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21st, 2015, 5:51pm »

They are getting easier to get.   Just remember that ALL of these wishbones are now 'Re-furbs'.   (that's for sure)   The castings are sometimes ground to hide the original casting marks.   I've done a lot of research a long time ago as to the ball-joint on the end, and it's bespoke to the Scorpio, no-one (and I mean no-one) will give the information on the joint, and I expect no-one ever will.   I got the ones off a company in belgium, (I did put the link up a while ago), and they were fine, but re-furbs never-the-less, and also included the both bushes and big nut and a new bolt for the front bush.   Came to £166.50 for both delivered to the Highlands.  One can still get the big torx bolt for the ball-joint from Ford.   I've never seen those ebay ones in Simmo's second link before and would be interested how they perform.   Anything from Germany or Belgium have to go through a TUV test so need to be of good performance.   But anything under £175 for the pair with the bushes is a bargain I reckon, and not worth the hassle of messing about trying to cut out old joints and pressing in new joints that would probably cost about £80 for the pair, then you've got the cost of both bushes.................No-Brainer!   I wonder if it might be an idea to get all the links together, from past and present and lock them onto the 'How-to-do' section?   That way it will save looking around for ages, and also act as a good starting-point of research into purchase.   These wishbones don't last as long as we would like, my last QH set only lasted Three MOT's and the last MOT of that Three was an advisory on both!

The Torx Bolt is Ford F1496991  £1.34ea
The Nut is Ford F1381967   £1.12ea
Bot plus the Vodka and Tonic

Just been looking for the receipts, and I'm d**ned if I can find them for the last set of wishbones that I got about February this year, but I did put all the info of where on here I got them.   I can't find that info on here either!   Anyways, all wishbones that are purchased, must be fit for purpose, if you reckon they aren't be sure to complain!

Hope that helps someone.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21st, 2015, 8:21pm »

PJ. How about you have a look at This thread Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21st, 2015, 9:37pm »

I was thinking of pming you PJ D, as i did remember your thread, but could not find it.  It is the ones in the second link I have and the complaint has already gone in. The one I realy need is the one I would not fit, the N/s one, as it would put geometry out and would fail after a short time. I was of the opinion they were getting harder to find. Huh  What has happened to final inspection, anything now seems to be sent out no mater how poor it is, I dont think any maufacture in China has a final inspection dept. Thanks Simmo for the link.   ps they dont come with the big rubber bush.
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22nd, 2015, 9:45am »

New ones listed on ebay for £75 each + shipping.

Can't recall the QH part number for them - anyone know ? QSJ.... or something I think.    

Edit : Just found them - QSJ2101S & QSJ2102S

https://www.rexbo.eu/ has them listed.
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22nd, 2015, 11:57am »

Simmo

It's no-wonder you're a 'Senior' member and moderator!   What a fella ye are!   Yes, that was the link, and so-far the both of them are performing fine.   Of course only time will tell, so, how about a 'stuck' bit in how-to-do for all those links and perhaps some thoughts on the wishbones, just to help those that struggle to find wishbones at a decent price?

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22nd, 2015, 1:09pm »

PJ. Flattery will get you everywhere! Grin

I have now included this thread in the Wishbone post in 'How to do Things' so all the links above are there and I think that will suffice.

To follow up on Scorpio Mike's post the easiest way to access the part is to copy and paste the numbers into the search box at the top of the Rexbo page. You need to do one at a time to get details for the left and right hand side. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 22nd, 2015, 2:31pm »

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I have sent pictures to the supplier and will see what they come up with, there is no doubt the nearside has to be replaced. The joints look to be of good quality but only time will tell on that.
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Nov 22nd, 2015, 2:49pm »

I ordered a QH one from Rexbo back in January but they sent an ABS one with no explanation why. I assumed they were out of stock & sent what they had but didn’t charge the higher price. Perhaps they just made a mistake.
The quality looked OK & the stud for the rear bush appears to be tight (I have another brand where the pin was only hand tight when they’d cross drilled it – you could feel it move if you picked it up by the stud – I think that’s Birth brand).  
I would say the ABS one is a new casting, it has TRC 17 on it (raised not stamped). The ABS site is in the Netherlands here:
http://www.abs-bv.nl/en/
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 22nd, 2015, 2:49pm »

I've just spent some time looking at the sellers feedback. The negative ones all seem to relate to second hand parts and most of his replies talk of 'being removed from a working vehicle"  Roll Eyes Huh
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 22nd, 2015, 4:35pm »

I did find feed back for a wishbone, all good. If there is one in a batch, I will get it Angry.  A scrapyard i go to has a permanent gang of lithuanians removing engines, wings,doors, bumpers etc from all vag group cars and vans. Perhaps that is a source of the sellers parts, the scrapyard prices are very good.  read good as cheap Grin
IP Logged
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 4th, 2015, 4:48pm »

I have sent them both back, seller very helpful, and have just received a pair of ford ones.  They have ford numbers cast into them but they are not painted. Undecided
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 4th, 2015, 10:57pm »

That's very interesting.   So, are these new/refurbished 'Ford' that have new Ball-joints?   Look at the underside of the joint, does it have a shiney-lip under the joint?   Someone must be pressing new joints in!   Did you get new bushes along with the wishbones?   nuts this is driving me nuts!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 5th, 2015, 1:40pm »

Had a good look at them and I am sure they are ford parts Grin.  The boot has a steel ring clamping it to the arm and the bush fitted to it is also a ford part, no big bush supplied. I found out that ford still stock them, £200 each.  Shocked
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.