Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 11:21pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« mirical products !!!!!!!!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   mirical products !!!!!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: mirical products !!!!!!!!!  (Read 2620 times)
dan_the_man

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

mirical products !!!!!!!!!
« on: May 9th, 2007, 12:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Howdy folks of this fine site.I came accross these products during a mindless search or twenty on EBAY ! this one looks like it advances the ignition timing . item no 300108475455 . this claims to 'magnasise ' fuel, I have been told by a sceptical chemist ' only the oxygen molicuels could be affected'. item no 190111000270  . I would appreciate any input anyone has to offer as to these products effectiveness ! or as to the detremental effects. thank's for taking the time to read my post. DAN.

IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: mirical products !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 9th, 2007, 1:19am »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300108475455&am p;ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D300108475455%26fvi%3D1

This is probably just a resistor that you fit into the IAT plug instead of the IAT  Undecided

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190111000270&am p;ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D190111000270%26fvi%3D1

This uses magnetism to apparently influence the molecular structure of the petrol to make it burn more evenly & efficiently.

Usually you have to have two magnets mounted either side of the fuel pipe that repel each other (pos - pos, or neg - neg) to do this. This thing just seems to sit on top of the pipe  Huh

There is no real evidence to say that these things actually work.

I've been running an in-line 'Fuel Cat' for a while now. It works on a similar principle...It has the magnets, but also has fuel conditioning tin alloy lumps in it, & I can report that there has been no effect on fuel consumption or performance on the Scorp.

However, I also have one in my MK1 Granny, which I fitted for the sole purpose of being able to run on unleaded, & it runs perfectly.

But I also wonder, being that the V6 Essex lump in my '77 Granny probably has hardened valve seats, then does it really need it ?  Undecided....I'm tempted to remove it & let y'all know the results Wink

So maybe they do work or maybe they don't  Undecided...it's debatable  Wink

This guy invented this kind of thing...

http://www.broquet.co.uk/history.htm
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 9th, 2007, 7:13am »

Agree

These magnets have been around for years, the brandname that comes to mind are "Ecoflow" I think it has the effect of supposedly re-alighning the molecules in the fuel to give a more even combustion. I think it's more a case of "The Kings new clothes syndrom" if you want to try it for nothing you can aquire very strong magnets out of old hard drives, just strap them to your fuel line nearest the engine Huh
I have found that the only sure way to cut fuel costs is to convert your car to LPG which at the moment costs 39p per litre.  Costs a bit to do but is a sure way.....and well worth it.
There is a resistor available on e-bay which if you put it in circuit with the MAF it tricks the system into thinking the air is at a different temperature and causes the ECM to adjust the fueling ratio. Does it work? suppose it could do in theory, however these systems are the results of millions of pounds worth of research and development by some of the best brains in the business, I think that bunging a half pence resistor in a sophisticated circuit is probably asking for trouble... I may be wrong!

Only my opinions... Embarassed

hth
pete

IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
the_boogeyman

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 9th, 2007, 9:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

i saw this on tv the other night, i think it was on discovery, the two guys that diss myths in america.

they got all the so-called things that make the petrol burn slower and they came up this conclusion........................

NONE OF THEM WORKED, in fact the magnets seemed to burn quicker
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 9th, 2007, 9:50am »

I think all these products are designed to give the effect of a raised octane level...so it makes sense that it will burn quicker, if you floor it.  

But because of the so called 'extra power', then you don't have to be so heavy on the accelerator, thus saving fuel  Undecided
IP Logged
the_boogeyman

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 9th, 2007, 10:25am »

afraid not................. they done alsorts of tests and still the same result!

THEY DIDNT WORK, the program is called MYTH BUSTERS
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 9th, 2007, 10:41am »

Having been around for quite a bit longer than a lot of you guys (I'm 60 now), I can promise you that the ONLY way to get better fuel consumption from a petrol engine is to keep it well tuned and serviced, and to ease up on the right foot!

These GIMMICKS are just that! Save your money.  Wink
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 9th, 2007, 11:46am »

Agree.......anyone wanna buy a Fuel Cat ?  Grin

On second thoughts, I may keep it as evidence  Wink
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 9th, 2007, 12:54pm »

I agree with spannerdemon, also if you use  cruise type driving little braking so no heavy accelerating you will get there quicker for less fuel also carrying around a full tank of petrol also drops mpg. 20 years plus ago some used to put anti static things on the back of cars I seem to remember that these were found to be a con, makes you wonder what will come next Huh
IP Logged
Fidget

Vox et praeterea nihil

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: May 9th, 2007, 2:16pm »

Oh!

*removes magnets from forehead*

Embarassed

IP Logged

Matt.
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 9th, 2007, 3:23pm »

ROFL ROFL ROFL
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 9th, 2007, 7:45pm »

i thought the anti static things were to stop you getting static shocks that some cars gave when you touched them?

the ignition advancers/retarders work, been on sale for bikes for years.....
IP Logged

the_boogeyman

Email

« Reply #12 on: May 9th, 2007, 8:49pm »

why would you attach a piece of rubber from your car to the ground to earth it, let me think.......................
oh ye THE CAR SITS ON FOUR d**n TYRES
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: May 9th, 2007, 8:51pm »

I think you'd notice much more effect from cleaning your fuel injectors and putting a tank of good quality fuel in than any miracle device for magnetizing the fuel supply Roll Eyes.

If you increase the octane of fuel the ECU retards the timing anyway so what do you gain?
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: May 9th, 2007, 10:03pm »

i was thinking more of pre injection bike engines, advancers were used lots in racing.....
IP Logged

taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: May 9th, 2007, 10:04pm »

didnt the rubber strip have a metal core in it?
IP Logged

taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 9th, 2007, 10:16pm »

look you can still get em!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Light-up-45cm-Anti-Static-Strip-Metal-Core-Bolt-on -NEW_W0QQitemZ220077707780QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43117QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
IP Logged

Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: May 10th, 2007, 4:00am »

The world is full of things that don't do what the're supposed to do, but have sold by the bucket load......here's a few  Roll Eyes

Spot creams do not get rid of acne, because acne is more to do with hormones than a dirty face  Cheesy

Cillit Bang doesn't clean a two pence coin just by dipping it in the stuff  Roll Eyes

Pills, potions, lotions & those vacuum things do not enlarge your manhood, not that I've ever tried any of these I might add  Wink

The Bullworker, which claimed to vastly increase strength within a week & muscle mass within a month  Huh....& was better than using weights  Roll Eyes

Sunny Delight which claimed to be full of vitamin C & good for your kids, & was the best selling soft drink about ten years ago was proved to have less vitamin C than a bag of crisps & if you drank enough of the stuff, would actually turn your skin orange, due the additives & dyes  Shocked....& not to mention the sugar rush  Roll Eyes

Carlsberg, which claimed to be "probably the best lager in the world", wasn't, because it used to only contain 3% alcohol....Today that would be classed as a practically non-alcoholic drink  Sad

Learn to speak Spanish in a week  Huh...now that's just downright ridiculous....a few words maybe, but to be able to hold a conversation....nahhhh  Roll Eyes

Finally...the number one best seller of all time....the one that millions of people believe in & life without it would be totally meaningless if it was proved to be the biggest scam that ever existed.........

So even though we are all in agreement that theoretically these fuel savers cannot possibly work.  
Do we really know enough about the molecular structure of fuel to know that it is not affected by the introduction of a tin alloy or magnetism ?  Undecided

Taliban stated that such things have been used in Motorbikes for years & that they apparently do work, but maybe only in engines that don't have fuel injection. The Fuel Cat has been used on alot of motorbikes, with apparent, noticable enhancement in performance.

So I think I'm going to remain open minded on this subject now, as I don't know enough about magnetism & the conditioning/separation of fuel molecules, or the introduction of tin alloy, to totally dismiss all these fuel savers/enhancers as being a rip off  Smiley

If Broquet came up with an idea all those years ago (1941), that apparently worked on the Russian fighter planes, then surely his theory would survive today & be put to use in vehicles & heating systems etc ?  Undecided
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #18 on: May 10th, 2007, 8:37am »

Like it. Started my day off well.  

Proves the old saying every time.

"A fool and his money are soon parted"!!  Grin
IP Logged
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: May 10th, 2007, 10:25am »

i,ve had a broquet fuel catylist pack stuck in my kit car fuel tank for 20 yrs now to enable the leaded petrol only  head to work on unleaded fuel, never had any probs yet , am i to expect some?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.