Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 2nd, 2024, 12:12am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Vexed »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Vexed
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vexed  (Read 2441 times)
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Vexed
« on: Aug 27th, 2011, 7:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I have been a member of this Forum for some eight years now and without it, Its highly unlikely that I would still own my Scorpio, the help I have had with advice and how do to things and the patience and kind consideration given by members of this Forum is truly impressive and in the past I to have helped other members out and thats the way it should be but the waters have been muddied by a recent event concerning a request for Wishbones in the parts wanted list. By coincidence Tonyboy and myself requested these (Both MOT Failures) Now Eugene and Lee came to the rescue who both had a pair each, It appears that Tonyboy made a deal with both Members and that Tony has gone for the best deal wether it be distance or price  which is fair enough but the point is after eventually making the deal with Eugene he failed to inform Lee and Myself of this leaving me stranded and wandering what the hell is going on I have received PM's  from Eugene and Lee expressing there indignation in this matter Finally after much messaging to and fro I had no choice (Time Factor) so at 9 oclock yesterday morning (Fri) I placed an order to purchase one from main dealer of which I paid and no turning back, yes you can guess what happened, at half past nine Fri morning Lee contacted me and offered n/s wishbone of course it was to late Its fairly obvious that Tonyboy reneged on the deal with Lee leaving us both stranded. Honesty would have been the proper thing here instead of an(I am all right Jack attitude) . Right thats that off my chest I am off to bed with an aspirin.

Kenboy
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: Vexed
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27th, 2011, 9:07am »

What can one say Kenboy ? may be "that's life mate" or "there's nowt as queer as folks",I have found life to be packed with similar incidents which,whilst somewhat irritating are not insurmountable,my old Dad who was brought up in the Victorian manner,always said "fairness in all things" and "honesty is the best policy",he was of course perfectly correct, unfortunately that psyche is ever diminishing.
You appear to have got the matter off your chest anyway by means of a factual epistle  Wink Keep smilin'
           GOZZ.
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 27th, 2011, 3:39pm »

Hi Kenboy,

If it makes you feel any better it’s quite difficult to test wishbones off the car - I couldn’t detect any problems with the pair that had failed on mine (I probably could have done if I’d clamped one in a vice, but I was just holding it in my hand).
There’s no telling how much life is left in a second hand one so depending on how easy it is for you to do the job or if you have to pay someone else to fit it buying new may be the better option.

Not that I have a problems with second hand, however I class these as consumables along with shocks, brake pads etc although of course the price of new is a hefty bullet to bite.

IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 27th, 2011, 7:29pm »

Yes I understand were your coming from Tompian  My intention was to pop the wishbone down to the garage and the lads would have tested it for serviceability (I get on real well with them) no freebies but decent people, and if all ok I was going to fit it myself saving somewere in the region of £300 although at 70 I am not relishing it but needs be and with just a pension coming in and many other commitments then circumstances dictate and  this is why I would have risked a used one after all I have managed for the past eight years on these lines and still possess a very decent 14 year old car that most people would be proud to own but anyway thanks for your input.

Cheers Kenboy
IP Logged
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 28th, 2011, 1:18am »

Hi Ken, I have to say that after this escapade, it kinda puts you off offering parts for sale. On the back of Tonyboys ask for wishbones , I told him that I had a set. I was the first to reply to his post. He replied asking how much, including the postage and I said I would get the total for him. My work keeps me away from home from early morning to quite late every day so costing the postage was not going to be easy. Next thing I know, Cosworth24v mentioned on Tony's post that he also had a set. Like a shot, he had given Tony a price and all was agreed without a by your leave to tell me what was going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It had nothing to do with price or distance, Tony took his deal not knowing whether it was better than mine or not. Thing is, I was not told this deal was done leaving me and ultimately you Ken, out on a limb. What I don't think is right is that someone just jumps in on the post you have just answered and starts competing with you for a sale. In my world it's first come first served, not all's fair in love and war. The other party should back off. I'm sorry you have been treated in this manner, I did my part to help out the people who needed help and got shafted good and proper.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.