Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 10:32pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ABS changing code »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   ABS changing code
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ABS changing code  (Read 2390 times)
caspathescorp

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

ABS changing code
« on: Jul 21st, 2005, 10:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Scorpio 2.3 P Reg Auto

Hi

I have just collected my car today after having the gearbox reconditioned, as mentioned in my last post. The engineer has told me of some ABS error codes that  have been read from the computer.  
The error code that I had before the car went in was C1095 ABS Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure (if the person who read the code knew what he was doing) but the codes that I have now is C1165 Speed Wheel Sensor RR Input Circuit Failure and C1165 Speed Wheel Sensor LR Input Circuit Failure.  
Does this mean that the sensor need replacing or could the error code come from when I  tested  the sensors by unplugging them first, and then tested the connectors that go to the pump/modulator with the ignition on to see if there was any current/voltage.
I had mentioned to the engineer the original ABS code C1095 but he could not find it stored in the computer, but he hasn’t cleared the codes.

Is the ABS code C1095 a stay on fault light or would it reset itself it the fault was fixed.

Thanks for reading this post any advice would be welcome

IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: ABS changing code
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 10:30pm »

hi there

i'm a bit confused. Huh is the abs warning light on? does the abs work?

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/abssystem.htm
IP Logged
caspathescorp

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 10:58pm »

hi Scorpio_Man

yes the ABS light stays on but i dont know how to test if the ABS system is working or not, when i brake hard the car stops ,i dont feel any viberation in the peddle.

i hope this clears it up a bit
Thanks
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 7:12am »

Hi there
I got exactly the same problem with my ABS, light stayes on all the time, same code  C1095 ABS Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure.

To check that ABS works just barke hard on a slipery surface. The wheels shouldan't block. But if that light is on all the time it won't work
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 7:13am »

PS try to clean the ABS sensor connectors, the ABS multiplug, and the pump power supply plug.
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 9:06am »

hi there

was that the rear sensors you disconnected? i think there's a multiplug under the rear seat (or access to it). you could give that a clean. what version of abs do you have?  
when you tried it, what speed were you going. you want to be doing about 30mph and then STAND HARD on the brakes (time to be careful)! at that sort of speed, you'll know right away if it's working. the brake pedal will pluse back at you and you will remain in control of the car with no (very, very little) skids.
IP Logged
caspathescorp

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 9:37pm »

Hi
Thanks for the replies.

i have read through my orignal post and i have listed one of the error codes wrong i should have listed C1175 Speed Wheel Sensor LR Input Circuit Failure.

i have cleaned the ABS sensor connectors, the ABS multiplug, and the pump power supply plug still have a light on.
I have checked all the sensors front and back they seem to be ok, no open circuits.

probelm solved

I have had the car scanned again and the codes are C1095 ABS Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure, C1165 Speed Wheel Sensor RR Input Circuit Failure and C1175 Speed Wheel Sensor LR Input Circuit Failure.
Had the enginner wipe the codes and retest.  
The only code that is there is C1095 ABS Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure.
this means that the other two sensor codes were there because i had unpluged the sensors to check them and had the ignition key on.
Still need a new pump/modulator but the gearbox enginer has said that he knows someone who has broken a lot of scorps lately and has that ABS/Modulater.
will have one when i come back of holiday.

PS gearbox enginer has said that he has a skoda with the same pump in his workshop, could the pump be a generic pump used in other cars?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.