Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 5:25am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Heater Relay switch location »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Heater Relay switch location
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Heater Relay switch location  (Read 1569 times)
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Heater Relay switch location
« on: Dec 22nd, 2011, 3:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This was started as new post by SNOOPY.  on Dec 22nd, 2011, 1:02pm, Scorpio_2.3-16VULT wrote:
I am a Newbie to the forum. Can any one help me. I have gone through the threads on this forum and could not find any thing about where specifically is the Relay switch located, other than behind the glove box.  My heater stopped working when I reconnected  back the battery after taking it out to charge. I then noticed that the fuse was 30amps instead of 25amps. Now it's got the correct rating in the fuse box. Can anyone provide me of photo's or a link please.

Chan
 Huh

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Heater Relay switch location
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22nd, 2011, 4:18pm »

Have a read of This page and check out some of the 'buttons' on the left as the Scorpio has two systems depending on the model. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Scorpio_2.3-16VULT

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22nd, 2011, 6:10pm »

Thank you Simmo. I have visited this section before and was trying to make out some of the jargon. A bite of a mine field, if I may say so. But I will persevere with it. As you can tell I'm a Newbie. I've had my Scorpio Ultima 2.3-16v 1997 since 1999 and fell in love with her. Just haven't got the heart to depart with her. It's done 170k now. Smiley
IP Logged

Don' you love it when like minded people come together and they truly share their knowledge, which becomes their passion. This is what makes the world a better place. Sounds like a song I know?
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22nd, 2011, 7:23pm »

If yours is an Ultima then it will have Climate Control which can be 're-set. Check out that procedure. Smiley  Here.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Scorpio_2.3-16VULT

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22nd, 2011, 10:15pm »

Simmo thanks for getting back to me. I have just under gone the diagnostic test and your right mine is a cc. The codes that was on display was originally at first attempt 58, 50 & 57. Then I repeated the section on programming the control unit and selected 50 and I don't know what I did. But for a brief moment 7 came up then disappeared. I can't seem to find what 58, 50 & 57 mean. Can you help please?
IP Logged

Don' you love it when like minded people come together and they truly share their knowledge, which becomes their passion. This is what makes the world a better place. Sounds like a song I know?
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22nd, 2011, 10:48pm »

You can take 5? codes as being the same as 0? codes.
After some testing I'm fairly sure the 5 is a digital S (for stored as opposed to live codes).
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:00pm »

Some panels may vary but I don't find it necessary to do the test/reset quite as shown on the link:

1 Ignition on, engine off
2 Turn both dials fully left/off.
3 Simultaneously press the buttons for "Recirculated Air" and "A/C" for about 10 seconds until the code appears on the passenger side LCD. If you just want to clear codes and reset the system just continue without trying to select 50
4 Simultaneously press the buttons for "Recirculated Air" and "A/C" for about 10 seconds until the code on the passenger side LCD flashes, release the buttons and wait until the display stops flashing & returns to --(this will clear any non permanent codes & teach the system the position of the flaps).

After step 3 using the passenger side red/blue temp buttons you should be able to step up & down between 0? & 5? codes.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23rd, 2011, 7:53am »

Codes listed at the bottom of HERE
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Scorpio_2.3-16VULT

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 24th, 2011, 8:03am »

Thank you to both of you for this. I just could not fathom what 50, 58, and 57 was. Now the the first digit is a "S", alphabetical instead of a numerical it makes senses. The problem is down to ,according to the codes, the Heater Blower Controller. Can any body recommend a reliable suppler for the replacement part for my 1997 Scorpio 2.3-16v Ultima please?
 Grin
IP Logged

Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Dec 24th, 2011, 8:17am »

The only reasonable source will be from someone on here..Parts Wanted... I'm not sure if they are available from Ford BUT the last time anyone enquired the cost was prohibitive. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Scorpio_2.3-16VULT

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 24th, 2011, 10:07am »

Please accept my apologies if what I posted was not the proper etiquette. Smiley
IP Logged

Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Dec 24th, 2011, 4:30pm »

I can't see what was wrong with your post??. I was only saying your best bet would be to ask in Parts Wanted as ,hopefully, someone will have one available at a nominal cost. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Scorpio_2.3-16VULT

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 25th, 2011, 9:19am »

Thank you Simmo, Tompion and Snoopy for your advice. I will post on the forum for the part. Merry Christmas every one.  Cheesy
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.