Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 2:00pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Re: ford  scorpio remotes »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Re: ford  scorpio remotes
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: ford  scorpio remotes  (Read 4521 times)
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #20 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 3:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In that case how can companys such as ALA create new keys when you only have 1 existing and it isnt the master john.n Huh
IP Logged
allante

1996 24v Scorpio Saloon

allante666  
View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 8:18pm »

You can get new master keys from ford dealers but they have to be programmed by fds2000 to your car and probably cost the earth!
IP Logged

"Hell hath no fury like a Cosworth scorned!"
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 9:21pm »

"Up to 98 ¼ MY, three keys are allocated to every new vehicle "

I don't agree with this little bit of the handbook. My Cosworth has a build date of June 1998 (98 1/2) and it has three keys including a red master key so I cannot see that Ford would go to the trouble of changing over the entire system for a car that was going out of production within 3 months. I would be more inclined to think that there are no Scorpios without a master red key, because it has to be built sometime within the 30 days of June which is so unlikely, you are more likely to see Lord Lucan riding Shergar in next weeks Grand National

Unless anyone has a later car than mine without a red key (and not just having lost the red key...that doesn't count!!)
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 11:46am »

Apparently I have been informed that there are Scorpios about that don't have a red key and use two blue keys instead....and I thought temperal thero-spatial quantum physical mechanics was complicated

Barry
IP Logged
daven

Email

« Reply #24 on: Apr 2nd, 2004, 6:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

No sign of the remote yet - hope it turns up today! Huh

Daven

Seems its lost in the post! - phoned them Sat, they sent it Tues - special delivery! Undecided
IP Logged
daven

Email

« Reply #25 on: Apr 6th, 2004, 8:10am »

OK well I picked up the remote from the post office today (they hadn't left a card to tell me they had tried to deliver!)

I have tried the usual re-programming and it does not work I will try again tonight when I also will have the red key available!

Looking at the remote I doubt it will work as there is a 'bulb' such as you would find on a TV remote!

It is the middle of the 3 on the left hand side of this page:-
http://www.enigma2000.co.uk/Fordkeys.htm

Ho hum!

Daven
IP Logged
allante

1996 24v Scorpio Saloon

allante666  
View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: Apr 6th, 2004, 1:53pm »

Dave if has a 'bulb' like a tv remote then its an infra red remote not an RF one!
(if you have a camcorder or digital camera look at it through that while you press the button, if its IR you will see it light up bright green) ((ex tv-engineer, easy test to see if your remote is working!!))  Wink

oh and if anyones interested, another test, without having an IR detector, is to hold it next to a MW radio tuned to no station mid band, you should hear interference if its working.
just thought id pass that on, might save someone a tv repair bill someday!
Andy
IP Logged

daven

Email

« Reply #27 on: Apr 6th, 2004, 6:02pm »

Well it does not work!  Sad

Tried programming it with the Red key - just in case, nothing!

I do not think it is IR Allante - the trick with the digital camera did not work -  the remote has 433MHz and 316MHz on it as well!

Worth a try I guess!

Cheers

Daven
IP Logged
lachris

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Apr 6th, 2004, 6:14pm »

Hallo. I am Lars from Sweden. Please excuse my not so good english.
I think the problems with no working remote controls is that the current leading area on the the backside of the buttons on the remote is worn out. This was my problem and I solved it like this. I cleaned the goldplated leadings on the card and then I took alu foil from the kitchen. From the foil I made three shims at about 4-5 mm diameter wich I glued on the backside of the buttons. The alu is leading current and it works perfektly.
Best regards: lars.christianson@glocalnet.net
IP Logged
allante

1996 24v Scorpio Saloon

allante666  
View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: Apr 7th, 2004, 6:45am »

Ok, well 433Mhz sounds right, thats what it says on mine, 433.92 to be precise, dont know what the 'bulb' is then, unless of course its a bulb! Smiley
I know its a stupid question but the batteries are ok arent they, i only ask as i put some new batteries in one of mine which i bought from the local tv shop and nothing! a few days later i was at the fmd and asked them to see if they could check it, they put more new batteries in and presto! worked a treat! (no they didnt charge me for it, only for the batteries of course)
Just one thing to bear in mind if it uses the flat 'coin' type batteries and youve had them out, you can discharge them by handling them wrongly, like watch batteries, jus thold them by the edge so your fingeres dont 'short' the front and back. (a jeweller once told me that and ive found it to be true on more than one occasion!)

other than that...i dunno!
IP Logged

daven

Email

« Reply #30 on: Apr 7th, 2004, 7:41am »

Yeah I tested the battery (can do this without removing it on this remote!) it was OK!

I can only think that Marks car has had another system fitted to his car at some time!?

The bulb does not light up and if fitted into the 'horseshoe' key would be hidden (maybe its a sensor to check the key is present!?)

I will be returning it today and get an arm and a leg one Wink

Cheers

Dave
IP Logged
The_Jailer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Apr 22nd, 2004, 4:04pm »

Good suggestion, Lars from Sweden! I've cleaned my remote lots of times but it clogs up again after a few weeks. I'm going to try your aluminium foil idea.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.