Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 2:05pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Smelly Car »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Smelly Car
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Smelly Car  (Read 1366 times)
martin_rowe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Smelly Car
« on: Apr 16th, 2004, 3:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have just tried a new product from those excelant people at FORTE.
Our cars air con was starting to smell a bit, and the previous owner was a smoker, so on the advise of the FORTE rep I tried one of their Air Con Bombs. It comes in the form of an aerosol that you put in the passenger footwell, put the a/c on cold, manual, re circ and fan at half, hit the top of the can and leave the a/c running for 15 mins while the can discharges, then open the doors for a further 10 mins. It left the car with a pleasant apple smell and de contaminated the a/c system in one go.
Forte only deal with the trade, and recomend a price of £25.00 plus VAT per treatment. Might be worth checking in your own area. I wouldn't recomend anything to anyone unless I had tried it myself, I was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was, and saves getting access to the re circ inlet and squirting stuff in it.
IP Logged

Rally Drivers Do It Sideways
DJWerkz

Email

Re: Smelly Car
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 9:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Do you have any contact details for FORTE?  Is there a web site?
IP Logged
martin_rowe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 10:53am »

Hi DJ
Their web address is  www.forteuk.co.uk   They only deal with trade though, if you don't get any luck I can help, all their stuff is good, its nice to find a company that makes things that do exactly what it says on the tin
IP Logged

DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 11:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Got it, thanks Martin.  I am also interested in a couple of other products, the 'Top End' treatment and the 'Power Steering' additive.
The top-end treatment states that is helps with noise hydraulic tappets, anyone had experience in using this product, does it work??
I have a little shudder approaching full lock on my steering so I am also wondering whether the power steering treatment will cure this?
I will try and order the air-conditioning product myslef, but if I do not get any joy I will get back to you Martin.
IP Logged
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 11:41am »

Does anyone know where the  re circ inlet is in the Scorpio?
IP Logged

Graham G, Dublin, Ireland
martin_rowe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 8:08am »

The inlet for the re/circ is on the heater box either side of the centre vents, (above the a/c panel).
The Forte p.a.s treatment is another good additive, I have used it on numerous customer cars with good results, it may be better to try it before going for the modified p.a.s. pipe. I presume there is a posting some where on the site about scorpio steering judder.
by far the best thing I have ever used to stop hydraulic tappets rattling is Forte Oil Flush, the other car I am Passionate about is Rovers 827, which are notorious for tappet rattle, caused by the oil ways getting silted up with the sludge that forms in todays engines, in the extreme I always run the car for a couple of hundred miles with the agent in, then change the oil & filter.
IP Logged

gainef

1995 2.0 16v Ultima Automatic with 103k

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22nd, 2004, 8:44am »

How much is Forte Oil Flush and how could we arrange purchase?
IP Logged
martin_rowe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Apr 23rd, 2004, 9:29am »

Hi Gainef
I could supply you with the flush agent, normally I retail it at £6.98 + vat. could do it at £6.00 + VAT for member on the forum plus £5.00 for the p&p.(total £12.05) unless you are going to the Derby meating.
Martin
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.