Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 12:21am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Logbook-or lack of! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Logbook-or lack of!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Logbook-or lack of!  (Read 1157 times)
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

Logbook-or lack of!
« on: Apr 27th, 2004, 7:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just thought i would pass this on to anyone who doesnt know. Be carefull if buying a car without its logbook, even from a friend. You will now need to pay £19 for a replacement as the new owner,also you will not be able to tax the car. This will be possible however if you have the green section with your name/address filled in. The other point is that not being able to tax the caryou cannot keep it on a public road untill you do so. (the fine currently being up to £5000) As the log book can take up to 6 weeks to arrive this can be a problem. Seems as if they have found yet another way to tax the law-abiding citizen as we are the ones who want to tax our cars. You have been warned! john.n Shocked
IP Logged
Steve_S

1997 scorpio ultima 2.9 24v lpg

stevexxxuk2001  
View Profile Email

Re: Logbook-or lack of!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 3:03pm »

On the other hand no docs, Swansea not informed, No parking tickets, no road fund, no congestion charges, no speeding fines, no insurance, no MOT,  etc etc. Could save you a fortune unless you get caught. But this is exactly what many people are now doing because of the current high costs of running a car. Unfortunately the previous owner could be liable if he hasn't informed the DVLA of change of ownership and given the correct details of the new owner.

So beware, when selling get proof of identity of purchaser, a proper dated transaction receipt and send off the slip to Swansea.  

Also get proof of ID when letting anyone drive your car, If they get a speed ticket, you will be liable for the fine unless you can proove who was driving.
IP Logged

Steve S
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 7:41pm »

Its also a good idea to put the time as well as the date when selling/buying a vehicle . john.n Wink
IP Logged
gainef

1995 2.0 16v Ultima Automatic with 103k

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 10th, 2004, 3:17pm »

It's sooo true that you get penalised for doing things right i.e. registering, taxing and insuring your car. Last week I got a £50 penalty for having a tyre on the footpath on a really quite road.... ahhhhh. However, it's the right thing to do   Undecided
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 10th, 2004, 3:35pm »

Hopefully with all these new motoring laws that are coming in we may see some of these untaxed/uninsured cars off the road. john.n Smiley
IP Logged
g.wass

What after Scorpio?

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10th, 2004, 12:23pm »

According to Swansea it is now illegal to sell a car without the Log book.
According to my local council parking a car on the pavement is not an offence providing it is not completely blocking it.
IP Logged

Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 11th, 2004, 8:25am »

there is NO offence of parking on the pavement only causing uneccesary obstruction......  Certin areas of the country do have special bye laws relating to this very problem.... which is why they put posts on the pavements to stop people parking there!
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 11th, 2004, 10:11am »

Loads of Gypsies where i live- i thought the posts were for them to tie their horses to! Grin john.n
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.