Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 12:24am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Exhaust system - 24V »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Exhaust system - 24V
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Exhaust system - 24V  (Read 1047 times)
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

Exhaust system - 24V
« on: May 11th, 2004, 9:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Evening all.  
Mine's not given up yet, but it is getting a bit noisier. These things don't last forever, so I'm currently looking at options.
I have to say, I'm really happy with the performance I have so I don't really need to go for a silly performance-based system. Also, I like the fact that its quiet and unassuming on tickover and around town. i don't want noise or 'burbling' really.

Hmm... just reading back to myself what I like & what I don't want.  I guess I need a standard system. Undecided
I do remember a long time ago, people were having problems with a centre mounting(?) on the standard replacements. I wonder if this was ever resolved?

Any ideas? Any other options?

Cheers... Paul
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Badboytunes

Email

Re: Exhaust system - 24V
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2004, 11:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

ooohhhhhhhh paul!!!! what a decisiion to make. if it was me i would have a less restrictive system. Remove the middle boxes and a nice shiney rear box. Nice and burbly. All i have to do is convince myself i need one. Grin

Thats 2 things we dont have in common LOL

Cheers Nick Wink
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 12th, 2004, 6:58am »

LOL.  'ello Bro!   I don't know why it is, but I'm not interested in the burble any more - well not on this car anyway.  Am I getting old and boring?

Paul
IP Logged

craig

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 12th, 2004, 6:59am »

paul

could always do "a kev",twin pipes and all that,or are you more the shy retiring type ?..lol..
anyway good luck with whatever you decide

best wishes

craig..
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 12th, 2004, 7:16am »

Hmm... I keep wondering about myself now. Although I'm not seeking extra perfomance, if a new system happens to give some (at a sensible price of course) then I'll happily accept it Grin
I think its mainly a noise issue. I don't want to be a boy racer - I feel its my job to be different from them and to p**s them off!  Also, I don't want the noise to get on my nerves when the novelty's worn off.
As you say Craig, maybe I've become shy and retiring  Undecided

All the best mate... Paul
IP Logged

craig

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 12th, 2004, 7:20am »

"senior moment" paul i think,look at the pic from the meeting,looks like we have all been there...like you said "why does it look like we are all about to give birth".........
what are we going to look like next year ?

anybody got a panoramic camera HuhHuh??
good luck though paul ...
IP Logged
Kevin_Tulloch

What flashing lights officer!!!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: May 12th, 2004, 3:28pm »

Hello treacle

Blinding,turn it in!!The topic should read "Exhaust system - for pensioners"!Paul you're having a giraffe,all that power and you want to keep it quiet.All you need to do,is get rid of the back box and have a straight piece of stainless from where it joins and then have a nice chrome tailpipe.For your children and your childrens children...don't let the Essex "cruisers" down mate.We're all depending on you......or should i send you a "Saga" holiday brochure?!

Regards
Kev
IP Logged

Cossie Ultima with a few surprising mods,but it's
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: May 12th, 2004, 3:45pm »

Just thinking Kev, if you do away with the back box does this not effect performance. Surely the car is set up to a certain amount of back pressure? Not being finicky just curious-may even do that myself! john.n Undecided
IP Logged
Kevin_Tulloch

What flashing lights officer!!!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: May 12th, 2004, 5:42pm »

Hi John

I know what you're saying,but i've still got 33 cats and another 15 silencers on it though!!It hasn't changed fuel economy,performance,etc,in my opinion,but it does give a lovely burbling noise on tickover (ask Kevin R!) and sounds great at around 2,500 rpm.The only way,i've found to get that is to remove the silencer at the back.But i appreciate people want differnet things.

Regards
Kev
IP Logged

Cossie Ultima with a few surprising mods,but it's
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

Re: Exhaust system - for pensioners!
« Reply #9 on: May 12th, 2004, 6:41pm »

There you go Kev. Check the subject now!  Cheesy
You what? Me... 'avin' a tin barf?!! Nah! Deadly serious. Well, fairly serious anyway Undecided
I thought this might stir up a few different opinions Grin
Talking of opinions... anyone going to Bournemouth for their hols this year? (bring on the Saga brochure!!)  Wink

Paul
IP Logged

Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 12th, 2004, 8:04pm »

Hi Bro,  Wink I dont think your having a senior moment. Your just dead from the neck up LOL. Only kiddin, Ive decided to go for the remove the rear box approach same as Kevie T and will deffinately have an induction kit!!!!    Brum,brum.......... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: May 13th, 2004, 7:48am »

Whats wrong with Bournemouth? !....Now Eastbourne .. thats a different matter! Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
ijeffery

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Sep 10th, 2004, 10:01am »

slightly away from the slipper and pipe conversation...

i read this forum to help me with my 24v capri - i also read interford too and listen to the sierra boys talk about their 24v....

alot of them have steered away from fitting performance exh system that are too free flow, because according to them, the 24v engine needs a certain amount of back pressue due to the timing overlap...

this is one reason why i have gone from an Ashley to a janspeed - that and the fact that you can hear me in the car where ever i go  litterally - i usually take her for a 2 mile drive round the block, and for 100% of the trip, you can still hear me back at the house!!!

anyway, to summ up, not sure how true it is ( cant prove it my self ) but stick with a non free flowing exh..
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.