Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 12:23am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« fixed temperature gauge problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   fixed temperature gauge problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: fixed temperature gauge problem  (Read 1011 times)
KEEF

1997 2.3 Ultima                  Dark Green

View Profile WWW Email

fixed temperature gauge problem
« on: Sep 6th, 2004, 9:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi to ALL
Just a Little bit of Knowledge that might help others, I have had trouble with my temperature gauge since I bought the car. It would only go up to just above the blue then it would drop down then it would go half way up the gauge, then it would drop to the blue again. looking and talking to people from this site it pointed to the bad soldering on the back of the instrument panel . faced with the daunting prospect of having to remove the dash to get to it. I keep putting it off. then the other day while in a F.M.D  I thought it might be a idea to try changing the temperature gauge sender first if it  was not going to cost too much. well it was just over £14 quid with V.A.T so I thought I was worth trying that first.
For those who don't know on the  2.3 there are two senders on the back of the thermostat housing and there both have two wires coming from them the one at the back with the push on fitting has you look at it  from the front is for the two fan's the  one at the front  with the push on clip fitting is the temperature sender this is the one to change  and it has fixed my problem.
A word of advise if you are having a go at this put a good plastic bag with no hole's in it  over the alternator because you will lose some water while you are replacing it and you do not want water  to run on to the alternator, trust me. Well now that the temperature gauge is sitting where it is supposed to be 1/2 way up the gauge. So now I will be able to tell if the car is over heating before stream starts to come out from under the bonnet. One other thing you will need a long reach socket because to get to the nut  you first have to get over the switch which is on the back , it is worth buying one it makes the job so much easier then messing about with a open ended spanner, trust me.
Keith
IP Logged

YOU CAN TELL A GOOD WAX BY THE BEADS OF WATER LEFT ON THE CAR. MUST BE HAIL STONES ON MINE !!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.