Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 2:14am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« AIR CON MODIFICATION »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   AIR CON MODIFICATION
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: AIR CON MODIFICATION  (Read 993 times)
craig

Email

AIR CON MODIFICATION
« on: Oct 6th, 2004, 5:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I KNOW THAT SEVERAL OF US NOW HAVE STEVE COLLISTERS "EXCEPTIONAL" GLOBAL CLOSING MOD,BUT I WOULD ALSO LIKE TI "BIG UP" THE AIR CONDITIONING MOD AS WELL (ALSO CREATED BY ONE STEVE COLLISTER),ANY BODY WHO IS INTERESTED HAVE A READ OF THIS...
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/acmod.htm
MUST ADMIT,HAD A GRANADA SCORPIO PREVIOUS TO THIS CAR,AND THE NORMAL AIR-CON DID INDEED SEEM COLDER,BUT NOW,BOY THIS LITTLE GADGET MAKES A DIFFERENCE,THE COOLING EFFECTS ARE AMAZING,FAIR ENOUGH CAN GET A LITTLE COLD AT TIMES,BUT CANT WAIT FOR A SCORCHER TO REALLY TEST IT...

WOULD ALSO LIKE TO MENTION DAVEN,YOU KNOW WHY MATE..... Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged
daven

Email

Re: AIR CON MODIFICATION
« Reply #1 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 8:26am »

Thanks Craig Wink

I agree with Craig - quite a simple job as well.

Craig went for the duel bezal light switch and I kept my existing switch by adapting it to take the AC mod switch. Not quite as smart but cheaper! Grin

Daven
IP Logged
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 6:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am going to order this device from Steve tomorrow when I update my credit card details on Paypal. One question: I currently have manual levelling headlights. Presumably when I fit the A/C mod, I will lose to ability to adjust the headlights. Does anyone know if it is possible to have both ability to adjust the headlights in the usual fashion whilst having the A/C mod fitted in the change cubby? I never really use the headlight levelling thing. I just feel that it will be a feature which will be lost. If the change cubby is used for the device, is the change cubby no longer usable as a change cubby. Maybe I should be asking Steve all these questions?!?
IP Logged

Graham G, Dublin, Ireland
daven

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 6:30pm »

Hi geraghtyg,

The mod is basically a switch with some resistors attached and ends up about the size of a £2 coin in diameter and needs about 25mm space in depth.

I think you would be able to find room for it anywhere by the mode switch but you would need a knob from maplins (where I got the switch and resistors from!)

I made 3 up a while ago!

Hope this helps

Daven
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 7:38pm »

just a thought,if you dont use the headlight levelling system,could you not,take the multi plug from the back,remove the centre of the switch (you'll see what i mean),then fit and use the air con mod that way,then when you come to sell or change the car,the new owner can have the choice,or you simply disable the mod,put the switch back in and re-connect the multi-plug ?

regards

craig..
IP Logged
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:25am »

Craig
AFAIK, that is the way it's set up with Steve's mod. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
IP Logged

Graham G, Dublin, Ireland
craig

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 11:59am »

graham

the write up on the site is with the dual headlight bezel,but it is on steves car,which did not have the manual levelling of the headlights,it was the single switch unit originally,what is being done in the pictures,is what i have done,your correct,but what you would have to do to do it that way,is disable the headlight levelling temporarily for you to use the levelling swich for the air con mod,then when you come to sell/change the car,it's up to you,if you need any more advice,just let me know....

HTH

craig..
IP Logged
Danny_R

97 Ford Crown Vic 4.6L V8 ,88 Mercury GM 5.0L V8

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:52pm »

I've known about this MOD for a long time. It could come in very useful for those hot Florida summers Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy i might be putting my order in yet.

how hard are the duel headlight bezel switches to get hold of (BAZ)!? Grin

Danny R
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 3:30pm »

danny

i had nothing but grief trying to locate the switch,eventually someone from the site saved the day,a newbie from the london area (ron), who was just happening to break one,nearly ended up having to go to ford though,if you do opt for this way of fitting,the actual switch will need shortening,and filing round to make it thinner,you'll see what i mean when and if you go for it that way,me personally thinks it looks alot more "standard" that way,and yes,it certainly does make a difference to the cooling effect....

HTH

craig..
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 10th, 2004, 2:16pm »

Danny,
Pretty easy to get hold of really. I have one at the moment which is spoken for I'm afraid but I could probably get you one in the next couple of weeks

Baz
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.