Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:30pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Interior Swap »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Interior Swap
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Interior Swap  (Read 2060 times)
Old_Sparky

1996 2.0 16v Ultima Saloon

View Profile Email

Interior Swap
« on: Oct 6th, 2004, 6:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Guys

Seen some leather interiors on ebay for reasonable money. Has anyone swapped the cloth for leather ?,if so was it easy ?. I really don't like the current cabin,don't seem to fit the image of the car somehow.

Chris
IP Logged

Do I come here often ?
Richard

Email

Re: Interior Swap
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 7:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It is real easy, Not a hard job at all even for those that are not that mechanically minded.
IP Logged
Old_Sparky

1996 2.0 16v Ultima Saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 9:05pm »

Another question, are all leather seats heated ?. Cos the cloth I allready have are not, so will that affect the wiring or are the plugs standard.

Chris
IP Logged

Do I come here often ?
Richard

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 9:54pm »

Thats a good question, I'm not realy sure, I have never thought about it.
I expect someone will answer that before very long.
IP Logged
ren

95 N 2.9 24v Cossie Estate

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 12:43am »

HI
  The front seats are heated in the leather
  you will need the console with the switches
 and the wiring harness,
 Daven and snoopy have just changed their
 interiors so maybe able to give more assistance

hth
     Ren
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 6:57am »

i know daven had trouble finding a loom,but being the electrical genius ( Wink) that he is Smiley Smiley,he made one up,no doubt he can give you more info,if i remember you need to obtain and fit i seperate relay,but like richard has said,snoopy and daven can advise,apart from that,a few bolts and screws hold them in,that bit is quite straight forward...

HTH

craig..
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 7:46am »

Mine are all Raven Leather but the fronts aren't heated. (Ghia spec)
IP Logged
daven

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 8:14am »

on Oct 7th, 2004, 6:57am, craig wrote:
i know daven had trouble finding a loom,but being the electrical genius ( Wink) that he is Smiley Smiley,

Oooo Craig you overestimate me mate, the speaker wire direct to the battery burned out for some reason;D Grin

The heated seats need a relay in the centre console (about £10 from FMD) this needs a feed from the radio circuit and a feed from the cigar lighter - both easy enough to pick up as the cigar lighter cable runs through the console to the plug in the back.

I picked the radio feed up from an existing cable but can you can tap into the power supply at the back of the radio that is controlled by the ignition (can't remember the colour)

The relay has an earth connection - also available on the cigar lighter feed. The last connection from the ralay feeds both switches.

The switches then feed the heated seats in series with an earth feed picked up from either the supply to the motors is the seats.

Another connection is the ilumination of the switches when the lights are on - I havn't connected this yet but the switch lights up when its in use anyway! (I think this is also available from the cigar lighter circuit!)

http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/sierra/heatedseats.pdf  
Shows the circuit diagram in full

The correct loom is the easiest way as it would plug straight in to the feed which is under the carpet by the front passenger seat!

I made up my own loom as I could not source one and FMD want about £40 for one! (It depends if you have traction control as the loom is different!), It goes without saying that you must use the correct rated cable unless you want a nice smell of burning Wink

You may also find the feed to the passenger seat adjustment motors if the new seats have them!

Hope this helps - IM me if you need any help!

Daven
IP Logged
jack

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

madmadjaguarman   madmadjaguarman
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 8:14am »

lots of spares on ebay i know because they are mine i am breaking a couple of 2 litre scorpios all small parts on ebay all body panels and other parts available.
i am a recent convert so still learning, i am looking for a 24v cossy if anyone is selling one. anyway thats the boring bits, i must say what a great site very helpfull and friendly i will be back when i find my new car asking questions and advice. cu for now jack
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 8:15am »

If the seats are heated you will need the wiring loom and the centre consul so that you can have the switches and the loom to replace the already existing ones .. The loom is the part from in front of the passenger seat to the centre consul and it just plugs in as the power for the heated seats is taken from the rear cigar lighter feed. there is alredy a realy on the loom if you can get it complete but its only one of the small yellow ones the number i can find for you, if required.  and of course the two heated seat switches...

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
daven

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 8:22am »

Just thought - to access the centre console I took the plastic tray out that goes over the handbrake - only held in with two screws and slides out backwards with a bit of j j jiggling and then forward over the handbrake.

I cut holes in the plastic to accomodated the switches but again if you can get hold of the correct one it would be easier!

Daven
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 8:44pm »

on Oct 7th, 2004, 8:15am, Snoopy wrote:
If the seats are heated you will need the wiring loom and the centre consul so that you can have the switches and the loom to replace the already existing ones .. The loom is the part from in front of the passenger seat to the centre consul and it just plugs in as the power for the heated seats is taken from the rear cigar lighter feed. there is alredy a realy on the loom if you can get it complete but its only one of the small yellow ones the number i can find for you, if required.  and of course the two heated seat switches...

Not sure if this is the exact bit of loom required, but might be worth looking at... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21654&i tem=2493351534
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
daven

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 7:34am »

Not sure - but it hasn't got the relay! and I would guess that there should be two more plugs that go to the switches!

Snoopy may be able to confirm!

Daven

PS I have spoken to 'Jack' about something else, and he has another Scorpio coming in, so may be worth giving him a call!

IP Logged
Richard

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 7:43am »

Daven, Is that you that is bidding on those door cards on ebay ?.

Richard
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:10am »

You cannot tell from the picture if its the one you need .. You need to ask the seller if it came from a heated seat car.... the new loom shouild have wires for the switches.. the relay is attached to the centre consul so probably will not come with the lead but its only a standar switching relay .. its the wires for the switches that are the important bit ........
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
daven

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 11:32am »

on Oct 8th, 2004, 7:43am, Richard wrote:
Daven, Is that you that is bidding on those door cards on ebay ?.

Richard

Sure is! Wink

Daven
IP Logged
Richard

Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 11:31pm »

No problem now as i have the modded ones from howiedintheplace,
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/doorspeakers.htm
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.