Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 12:12am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Interior Mirror »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Interior Mirror
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Interior Mirror  (Read 209 times)
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: Interior Mirror
« Reply #40 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am sending for one in the new year along with the fixing kit required will post back when I have it...

NO point in doing it before Christmas.....

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Neil W

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 3:08pm »

Snoopy,

Thanks; I for one will look forward to your report in 2005.

By the way, what has happened to your "strap line"? Your best friend is not, anymore, apparently  Sad?

Neil W.
IP Logged

1998 Scorpio Ultima Cosworth facelift saloon, reg S896VOG. Sold Feb 2010. Now own Mercedes-Benz E320 CDi.
philgood

2.9l 12v Auto (95 M) Ultima Saloon (Aubergine)

View Profile Email

« Reply #42 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 5:11am »

Excellent work Snoopy, tracing down this supplier.
I did try to getting hold of a second hand mirror off eBay several times but kept getting out bid. I wasn’t keen on replacing my mirror with a second hand unit any way as it feel that it could fail at any time.
I would definitely be interested in this replacement as my one died several months ago.
IP Logged

Regards

Phil.
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #43 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 3:43pm »

Here we go... I have just recieved this reply from Gentax re the mirror that I wanted to order..... and as a result I don't think I will be doing it  this way ... Quote:
We have a company policy to receive payment via wire transfer.  We, unfortunately, cannot accept credit card payments due to problems in the past.  This first mirror will be:

$79.00   50-GENK2

$3.95     50-7302023 (mount)

$25.00   Wire transfer fee

107.95 (+ shipping/handling)

We will ship as soon as the transfer is verified.  Shipping will be via UPS which will be approximately $100.00.  You will then pay the Duties and Taxes to UPS upon delivery of the package.  We are unable to tell what those fees will be, but you should be able to call UPS in the UK to get a quote.  

If you decide to order in bulk, we have decided to bring it down to a required 40 mirrors for the lower price of $64.00 USD.  I guess the mirrors come to us 40 in a box, so it would be easier to just ship you one of those boxes!  Your subtotal will be 2560.00 (USD) + $25.00 wire transfer fee.  The UPS shipping cost will be around $270.00 with the Duties and Taxes due upon delivery.      

I have a contact in the USA and will see if I can get it ordered easier and cheaper that way.. otherwise I will be waiting until Easter when I know there will be someone to collect one for me and then we can try it out...  

At these sort of costs it will be cheaper to buy a FORD mirror at trade.... but I am still working on it....
will keep you posted.....
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
daven

Email

« Reply #44 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 4:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

£60 for shipping and handling - wow Roll Eyes

Are they for real Shocked

Daven
IP Logged
bobtheyop

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #45 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 9:02pm »

just to let you know the leak happened on my car,asked
ford the cost of a new one,after i'd stopped laughing went to look in all the local breakers but could'nt find any scorpios.at the time i wasnt aware of this brilliant site,so i thought buggar it and got a basic mirror out of a
sierra and put in.cost me a fiver.works just as well,and i find because it's a bit smaller my field of vision to my left is a lot better.the original mirror is just too big.as it is i've now got a spare scorpio i bought for spares and there's one on it,but i'm not going change the one i've got as it works fine.
all the best,bob
IP Logged
Stringer

Hot!

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 11:45pm »

I've got a spare from a 95 Ultima. Got it when I thought my original one was broken, turned out the dealer had turned it off (why?) when they serviced the car. Anyone wants it, make me an offer.

Steve
IP Logged

'96 2.9 24v V6 Scorpio Cosworth Ultima
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.