Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 5:49am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« service intervals »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   service intervals
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: service intervals  (Read 597 times)
lucifersam

View Profile

service intervals
« on: Jan 14th, 2005, 10:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi, i have a 2,3 with just over 70,000 miles on the clock. going to get it serviced soon and just wondered if there are any special items that need changing at set intervals, 20,000, 30,000, etc. had it serviced by Fords at 60,000 but they didn`t seem to be bothered about the mileage and just did a bog standard service. reason i ask is i seem to be surrounded by mates with exploding cars of a simillar vintage due to cam belts and the like.
thanks for any advice
andy
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: service intervals
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 2:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

well according to the garage i use for my 2.3 the major service intervals are 30,000 , 60,000 , 90,000 etc etc,with an interim service inbetween (IE 10.20.40.50,000 ETC)..............
the garage should know what needs to be done as the servicing routine should be equal at all garages..

HTH

craig

just as a footnote,when doing the oil use a semi-synthetic,and when changing the filter always try to use a genuine ford one,has a check valve to stop all of the oil  draining when you shut the engine down
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 3:04pm »

One bit of advice  get the brake fluid changed ... It is supposed to be done every 2 years but it always seems to be left off the list but it is an easy DIY job really....

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
johnv

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 6:10pm »

O no not my pet subject again.
Your Ford main dealer will tell you that at 60,000 miles you need to have your brake fluid changed cost £60 plus vat and at 60, 000 miles you need your anti-freeze changed, £60 plus vat.
Also be prepared for them to tell you that your brake discs are worn beyond the recommended thickness.
Then when they take you payment and you get home you find that they have not changed said items but charged you for them.
Do you want me to tell you all again how much it cost them, in fines or do you all know it off by heart by now.
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 6:31pm »

Yes , Johnv,  a subject close to my black and unforgiving
 heart.

Even for   non-technically minded    folk  
  it's easy enough to check that the tyres or discs have been    replaced,   but  brake fluid ?,  air filter ?  spark plugs?  dampers ?

Beware of garage-man!
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 6:37pm »

but there are garages that do a top job as well........
i personally choose not to use ford,but if you can find an honest garage,that does a first class job combined with a first class service...
STICK WITH THEM....
i can whole-heartidly recommend mine (ok they are in taunton in somerset),but they are out there.....

NOT ALL GARAGES ARE THE SAME !!!!!!
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 8:15pm »

Hi to Mr. Floppy. Trading Standard tested my brake fuild. but I was not there at the time so there must be something that you can get.
I been looking on ebay but can only see battery and anti freeze testers.
Hey! why you got four yellow stars and me only three
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 8:24pm »

hi to craig, There must be garages out there that are honest and trustworthy its just that I have never found one and nor as the which" magizine or other watch dog programes
But having said that I found one that some people say is good. I going to give them a try for small jobs Its called Heywood Auto, Non Ford.
So I got a question do non Ford garages have testing and computerized equipment for seeking out faults.
Hey! I see you have got four yellow stars as well.
IP Logged
phuturephantasy

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 9:12pm »

Many garages other then Ford have diagnostic equipment for helping to find/diagnose problems.

It's not just a case of having the equipment though as my own local Ford dealer had my car on 3 separate occasions all day (and night on one occassion) and on querying them they hadn't even bothered checking for DTC codes and didn't understand them when I took my laptop in and pointed them out to them - they even took copies of schematics and photos I'd taken from the mainsite - Ford near me didn't have a clue mate.
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 8:16am »

thanks to phut.
I beginning to realise what you say.
The amount of times I booked my car in a month in advance to my Ford Main dealer and took the car to them at 06.30 am in the morning and put the keys into their letterbox and then I phone at teatime and say OK for me to come and collect my car.
Then they have to admit they have not touched the car.
Over and over again that has happened to me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.