Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 12:14am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2007 RDS wiring »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   2007 RDS wiring
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2007 RDS wiring  (Read 1430 times)
Stringer

Hot!

View Profile

2007 RDS wiring
« on: Jan 19th, 2005, 11:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2007 RDS stereo? I had it taken out and replaced with an aftermarket stereo, but my g/f has a Capri and wants to fit the 2007 to it. The Capri has no plugs, just bare wires. Also, does the 2007 need an amp, or will it work direct to speakers?

Thanks

Steve
IP Logged

'96 2.9 24v V6 Scorpio Cosworth Ultima
Vulcan

Email

Re: 2007 RDS wiring
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 6:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am almost certain that the 2007 does not NEED an amp as I have two of them in my understair cupboard that have been in several vehicles.

Can't help with the wiring diagram and I have done a bit of searching on the net and I can't find any there either.

Personally I would go to a scrappy and find a recent Ford vehicle and cut the plugs off that connect to the stereo (the stereo itself is always long gone) leaving a long tail and then use the tails to do a bit of "testing". I have done this before successfully as the colours of the wiring are usually self explanatory. The red and blacks are usually pos and neg, the orange is usually the perm live pos feed and the yellow the power antenna feed. Once you get the box fired up with power the other leads are just the four speaker leads and you can sometimes do them by trial and error.

Someone else may come along and know where the proper Ford diags are, maybe a Ford Haynes manual for a 94-98 different Ford may help.

hope some of this helps..

George
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

Re: 2007 RDS wiring
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 7:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Stringer .. the 2007rds from the Scorpio does have a separate amp under the glovebox and extremely difficult to remove .. if you have an aftermarket unit  replacing your 2007 then the fitters will have used an autolead from the old amp to the new unit .. < also fairly tight squeeze > .. the 2006 does not need an amp or the 5000 upward series doesn't either .. hope that sorts it ... regards ..STN
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.