Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 12:18am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« had a deal on these bulbs........ »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   had a deal on these bulbs........
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: had a deal on these bulbs........  (Read 915 times)
craig

Email

had a deal on these bulbs........
« on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 3:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

right then,since upgrading to the facelift lenses,yes the headlights do appear to be somewhat better,but also thought i would change the bulbs as well,and boy has that improved things.....
anyway,my point is this,halfords (in wells somerset,so i would assume nationally as well),are currently doing this offer..
halfords super brilliance xenon bulbs at £12.99,buy one get one free,so the total cost for all 4 bulbs was £25.98,and they do come highly recommended..........
IP Logged
johnv

Email

Re: had a deal on these bulbs........
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 3:30pm »

hi craig, i read all sort of things about up-grading blubs. someone on this site said it knacked his wiring.
But i was also told be the AA that some can burn your headlight lens.
Trouble is on EBay there are so many types and to make matters worse someone on Ebay are selling some sort of blubs and when they arrive they are not what is discribed. Negitive Feedback as been given.      But I already been told not to increase the wattage.
I go to look at them again tonight.
So are these Halfords ones OK.

The faster you travel the more important it is to have good lights, that's why it sometimes better to go backwards.
By the way did you know that when you are born and when you are drawing you old age pension, your eyes remain the same size. even if you nose and ears and head grow bigger.
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 3:45pm »

i have just been to look, at Ebay. there are just so many different types all H1. all 55w saying they give out 50% more light and some saying the main lenght of beam increases by 20%.
some saying they are 55w but gives out 100w.

IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 4:48pm »

on Jan 23rd, 2005, 3:30pm, johnv wrote:
hi craig, i read all sort of things about up-grading blubs. someone on this site said it knacked his wiring.

That was me.........  

i got mine ofrom ebay. totally ripped off and bu ggered my wiring. They were no brighter either. At least with a chain store like halfords  you have a little comeback...... i never!

Cheers Nick
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 5:31pm »

for what it's worth,these bulbs are the standard H1's,and are rated at 12v 55w,and are obviously "E" marked,last night on the way home,i could clearly see a difference,and as nick states,with e-bay,you do "take your chances" to a degree,and with halfords,you do have the reputation and the comback if thigs do go wrong,i think what makes these bulbs a little better,is the xenon gas "technology"....
i think a lot of the problems with people "upgrading" there bulbs,is the so called hid look,these are common on e-bay,and from what i have been told,leave these well alone,more trouble than what they are worth......
i must also stress that the lenses have been changed,so the combination of the 2 things have certainly made the car a lot better to drive at night...
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 7:02pm »

well i will try one set next week. from halfords. well if they are no better than the ford ones, at least i will have some spares. at this price they seem like a very good buy.
I might go on abit about Ebay, but don't get the wrong idea. I hate Ebay.
I paid £212 for a bank second-hand safe, I was going to put it in the back of my garage.
The person who was the seller disappeared, email and phone number cancelled.
Ebay did not want to know. Told me all we do is put the seller in touch with the buyer.
Still the Police are after him even if Ebay are not. Before any smart person says why don't you sue him, you can't sue someone you can't find.
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 7:12pm »

Hi to Craig, (on the way home last night, I could clearly see the difference.)
Was it not a full moon last night? Is that why you could see better?
Do you know the difference between Halogen and Xenon. I don't know off hand.
That was the source of trouble on Ebay. Someone was selling one sort and when they arrived it was the other sort.
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:03pm »

Craig.......

The ones off ebay were the HID type. totall poo poo.... Glad your proper ones work well.....

Cheers Wink

P.s I dont think they were E marked either Angry
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 7:07am »

nick..
your right there mate,leave WELL alone....

john,hmmm,unfortunately i dont know the difference (but i bet someone will Wink),and as for the "full moon",i must admit to paying no attention to that,could not even confirm if it was..........................
i was actually a passenger,so i could pay more attention as to how the lights were "behaving",but what i also forgot to mention was this,what i did first was to replace the main and dipped beam in one side only,a quick 90 degree turn and even the reflection on the side of the house was improved,so my guess is this,the bulbs that were originally in the car,were nutse,and have the lenses made a difference,in my opinion certainly they have (ok,maybe more cosmetic than practical Smiley),but thats my story anyway......
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.