Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 8:26am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Anyone care to value my Scorpio? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Anyone care to value my Scorpio?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone care to value my Scorpio?  (Read 794 times)
v_patchett

View Profile

Anyone care to value my Scorpio?
« on: Jan 30th, 2005, 11:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

Having just purchased a Honda Accord Tourer it is with great regret that I am faced with having to move the Scorpio on to a new home.

It is a 1997 'R' Plate, 2.3 Litre Ultima Estate, manual, is light blue metalic. Currently has 131,000 miles on the clock. It has recently had the bonnet and both bumpers resprayed and the rear wheel arches re-done to combat the rust that was building up. In the summer the head was resealed as it was leaking and the wiring loom was rebuilt. Car runs smoothly and is in great condition considering the age and mileage.

How much do you think I can expect to get for it? I've owned the car since new and it has full service history at my local Ford dealer.

Any valuations greatly received Smiley
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Re: Anyone care to value my Scorpio?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30th, 2005, 11:48pm »

Tricky one,  what a car is worth and what you'll get for it are unfortunately  two  different  things.

However the  AA site ( which tends to be a bit optimistic  price- wise)   gives a  valuation  range of  £2755 - £3015  for a '97  P  reg  ( didn't give a  R reg figure).

Good Luck
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 7:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

parkers say £2145 for a good and £1305 for a poor.
but that's for a car that's done only 70,000 or less.
Take a whole lot off for a 130,000 miles car.
but with all the repairs that are stated as having been needed. that's got to bring the price right down.
The price of all scorpios have come crashing down, looking in all the data for these.
The point to remember is that the higher mileage cars you can half the stated price for a 70,000.
Four years ago the stated price for a 1996 "N" car  (estate) was £2450 mileage 130.000 but if it had done only 60'000 the price for the same car would have been £5500. that's how much the price is affected

IP Logged
Robby

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 9:52am »

If its in great condition with leather I'd say its worth about 1600-1700.
Having the head resealed and the arches sprayed aren't the sort of things I'd want to hear as potential buyer,  I'd want to think of those as things that shouldn't need doing in the first place.  Don't mention them unless asked, but clean the affecter areas really well - even the inside of the arches when a potential buyer is coming to look.

I paid £1850 for my 1996 2.3 ultima saloon with 100k and leather.  It was probably a bit over, but it wasn't riddled with the niggling problems that I find cars in this price band often are.
IP Logged
gaz01gaz

2.9 cos...what else????

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 10:55am »

can i offer my experience?i have recently purchased two in my localcar auctions,1st. 2.0 16v 1995 saloon taxed and tested 150k scruffy £180.00,2nd 1997 24v saloon no tax and test rear bumper smashed slight rust on both arches, £750.00 stands me at £1300.00 tax and tested,bumper arches ok now new rack fitted as advised on mot,,i think these cars are worth whatever the condition isHuh also remember to find one with no faults is a bonus,,,gaz
IP Logged

go gaz go.............................
erzu

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 8:00pm »

i could give you maximum of 1300euro
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.