Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« servicing costs »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   servicing costs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: servicing costs  (Read 544 times)
lucifersam

View Profile

servicing costs
« on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

just booked in for a service at my local "ford" dealership. its an 80,000 mile service on a 2.3 and i will be paying £185, plus £37 for a brake fluid change. does this price seem about right? on the subject of ford dealers, i rang three in my area and was given totally different advice by all of them. one said it was a major service, one said a small service etc. etc. one of them couldn`t even make his mind up on the price, kept giving me different prices! seems strange when surely they should all be working to the same schedule and paying the same price for parts.
IP Logged
johnv

Email

Re: servicing costs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 3:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well you come to the right chap here. I hate Ford Main Dealer just as much as Norwich Union. How did we get on to that again.
and Ebay and the Post Office.
My Ford Main Dealer charges £60 plus vat for changing the brake fuild and did not do it, but like i say charged for it.
Big mistake. cost them £4500 plus £1700 in fines plus the chap who carried out the service was fined £150.
It was stated in court that they had done the same two years ago and received a big fine then.
In fact there was other charges for work not done, not just the brake fuild.
The £185 plus vat is the same as my Ford Dealer charges for a FULL service. but as I just stated, they only do some and leave out certain jobs.
They will tell you that at 60,000 miles you should have your brake and anti-freeze changed.
They may even tell you, you need your steel brake discs changed as worn beyond the recommended thickness.

IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: servicing costs
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 3:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There are ' Standard ' charges for service as listed by FORD to all the main dealers as 'recommended ' prices.....  

There is a list of items that should be checked on the main site and also in your service booklet ( if you have one)

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/diy.htm

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.