Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:32am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« INSURANCE »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   INSURANCE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: INSURANCE  (Read 2870 times)
johnv

Email

INSURANCE
« on: Feb 24th, 2005, 7:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi there, yes it me, well I mean who do you think it was, on insurance.
Just making a new point in case you don't know.
When you ask for a quote, there are lots of companies that will give to 10% off. (like a sort of discount) but will not tell you that.
Its to make you think that their quote is good. well it might be good for that year.
But when you come to renew the next year, that 10% no longer applies. so the price goes up.
Of course, if you are one of those that is prepared to change each year, that's might be of use to you.
My insurance company did that to me, the next year it goes up a bit more than you think.
Still I very happy with my company, because I know that they will see me alright, if things go wrong.
And I not a great deal of choice, because I insist in ageed value insurance and having the one and only NCB applied to all my cars. something that only a few will consider.
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

Re: INSURANCE
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24th, 2005, 9:48pm »

Have you got a fetish for all things insurance related? Grin
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 12:08pm »

Well insurance is not to be treated likely as to look how cleaver I am, I just got a super bargain and only payed this or that amount out.
Sudden, misfortune stikes and you find that the insurance company will not pay out and you stand to lose a lot of money
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 12:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi johnv

i think it might be time to move on from the insurance subject.
on this page (screen), there is 3 posts about insurance from yourself. i'm sure no one on here thinks insurance is a light matter. i just feel that the subject has been fully covered now.  

everyone should be able to make up their own minds. if they feel they got a bargain/great cover, then they did.

again, this is only my opinion.
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 1:11pm »

well the trouble is, that people keep coming up with asking for advise because their insurance company is trying to get out of paying them.
well i already think that this subject as been talked about enought now.
That is untill next week when I get my "Which" Mag. or listen to the radio and hear yet again Norwich Union's name come up again.
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 5:13pm »

Got to agree with Andrew there.   I'm getting fed up with all this insurance stuff now.

Once I've paid up and got my cover, I don't want to again until next year. And I don't really like to hear how much cheaper someone else got their cover either.  

But go ahead if you feel it needs discussing  Undecided
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 6:17pm »

Well this will shut u all up LOL ( soz Paul) My new car arrives next week and i DONT PAY A PENNY TOWARDS THE INSURANCE!!.   Is that a good deal John

Cheers Nick

Soz Bro  Wink
IP Logged
urbanracer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 6:18pm »

Well I have 2 cars covered with Norwich union and I'm very happy Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 6:47pm »

Me too Urban racer and the house as well........
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 6:56pm »

Good to have the benefit of other peoples experience though.
I've just saved myself £80 on my insurance from reading these posts so definitely a worthwhile if "boring" subject Smiley

Now anyone know where i can get cheap petrol.......Wink
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

ren

95 N 2.9 24v Cossie Estate

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 8:31pm »

Badboytunes
Well this will shut u all up LOL ( soz Paul) My new car arrives next week and i DONT PAY A PENNY TOWARDS THE INSURANCE!!.   Is that a good deal John  

Cheers Nick  

u  NOT getting another cossie then   Nick

Ren
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 9:01pm »

Fraid not me old mukka Sad. Well not at the mo. Company car perks luring me way for a bit Cheesy. Mind you, it will give me time to shop around a bit and persuade Lynn that  a Scorp is BETTER than her Rover 25. Grin Mind you, its pretty quick.....
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 10:39pm »

Its me again.
When I listen to the radio, I listen to what I want and turn off the rest.
Its the same, with TV, I watch what I want and turn off the rest.
Well if people are not interested in assurance, don't read. just read those posting you want.
Mind you, you must be interested, because you clinked on this and are reading this now.
I mean that thread on Topic, was in my view the biggest load of twoggle I ever have read. but I don't say anything, if I want to read all this daftness I do, but if I don't I don't clink on it to read.
I think that about covers it. well up to the next rotten story in the nations press or or radio or TV. about you know who.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 8:55am »

I've read that three times and i still cant make head nor tail of it but i'm sure i agree with it Grin
IP Logged

Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 9:19am »

on Feb 25th, 2005, 10:39pm, johnv wrote:
Mind you, you must be interested, because you clinked on this and are reading this now.

I reckon some keep reading in the hope of catching the argument!  Wink

I think that about covers it. well up to the next rotten story in the nations press or or radio or TV. about you know who.

No  Huh
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 10:30am »

don't read. just read those posting you want.

As I said before this is a public forum and just the same as the many other forums I visit I read EVERY new posting. When you become a member of a community such as this there is always the possibility (however slight) that someone may ask a question directly to you inside a thread or may ask something that you can help with. Ergo interest in the subject heading has zero to do with why you view a post.
Plus as it is a public forum it isn't right to put in a post addressed to an individual (or group of people) and get miffed if others view it or comment. The Private Messaging system is there for "Private" comments.

That's all I will say now as insurance is a bit of a dry subject and I agree with Paul B and Scorpio Man... insurance is something you want to do once a year and forget plus it's been done to death in here now.
IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 1:41pm »

the reason why this thread as become long is because some people who use the said insurance company are anoyed. that's it in a nut shell.
I wonder why  people, don't complain. to the radio, the "Which" Mag and the newspapers, instead of having a go at me, who is just mentioning what they have been guilty of. as reported.
Myself, I was brought up to well mannered to make aggresive  remarks that have been made to me.

What does it matter how long this thread gets; that topic thread when on and on and on.
I found it just so boring and silly, but did i put on a posting to say. (So you think yourself a expert do you,) and other rude garbage by someone.

IP Logged
johnv

Email

« Reply #17 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 2:04pm »

I just taken the trouble to look in at all the posting on insurance over the past month.
There have been many other people bringing questions on insurance on to this thread, besides me.
Like I say, it was getting personal because I was mentioning their insurance company.
But I make posting again any company that treats their customers badly and trys to cheet them out of what they are entitled to. (like that student who at first was going to loose his car as scrap instead of having it repaired, like he was entitled to.
These posting, help him keep strong against the said insurance company and in the end get what he was entitled to.
this is what, i believe this site is for, not in becoming personal, because either you get yourself in a twist, or don't agree or whatever reason.
i don't believe there is a rationing system on this site to how many posting a person can make.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 8:45pm »

Anyone know where i can get a good deal for Insurance?? Wink
IP Logged

johnv

Email

« Reply #19 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 8:52pm »

SORRY, MY MIND IS A BLANK.
I could look in my test reports over the past two years, which are rated the very best and which are rated the very worst and which offer the best deals etc.
But if I left another posting under insurance, someone is bound to get themselves in a twist.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.