Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:18pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ebay Cossie »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   ebay Cossie
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ebay Cossie  (Read 946 times)
DJWerkz

Email

ebay Cossie
« on: Mar 29th, 2005, 7:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone saw this ad on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=453721 5280&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I am looking for a Cossie engine myself and have been emailing the seller who is based in Shrewsbury.

Just curious as to if anyone knows this seller and what reputation they have?

Cheers,

Craig
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: ebay Cossie
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2005, 7:40pm »

craig...
i know this topic has come up before about this e-bay ad,cant think for the life of me though,under which topic it was,all i will say is this though,mileage BELIEVED to be under 30,000,thats a big believe,if it had some confirmation of this,it certainly would be ok,but as it does not,my advice...
buyer beware....

HTH

craig..
(i hope anybody who is not called craig,understands this Wink)
IP Logged
Grant

Cosworths makes me bad.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29th, 2005, 8:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I couldnt get £750 for my whole cossie last time I wanted rid.  It had 11 months MOT and drive away!  Not surprised that engine didnt sell.
IP Logged
DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29th, 2005, 11:49pm »

on Mar 29th, 2005, 7:40pm, craig wrote:
craig...
i know this topic has come up before about this e-bay ad,cant think for the life of me though,under which topic it was,all i will say is this though,mileage BELIEVED to be under 30,000,thats a big believe,if it had some confirmation of this,it certainly would be ok,but as it does not,my advice...
buyer beware....

HTH

craig..
(i hope anybody who is not called craig,understands this Wink)

Totally agree Craig!  Wink

Definitely buyer be aware.  I contacted the guy and he now seems to want £499 just for the engine when he was advertising the engine, gearbox and harness for that, bearing in mind he had zero bids too.

I just want a good solid engine for my Cossie as my current engine was wrecked after a bad timing chains job (yes, I know, I have beaten the forum to death about this before,...it's still in legal process though so can't say anymore than that).

I just need my car up and running Sad
IP Logged
martin_rowe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30th, 2005, 9:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

as with all s/h parts you pays your money, you takes your chance, at least you know hes doing it as a business from his add. just ask yourself if the mileage means anything, is one with 30k on it better than with 130k, I think not, too many short journeys to the shops.
The best you can hope for is your money back if its u/s when you fit it, I presume he will have bought it in, either as a smashed up car or just the engine, either way he wont know what its like on the road will he, none of us has a crystal ball. short of buying one and having it re coned top to btm thats the best you can hope for.
you may heve to just bite the bullet, I personally don't think the price is bad either, and no I dont know the seller either.
Martin
IP Logged

Rally Drivers Do It Sideways
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.