Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 8:15pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Flat in France »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Flat in France
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Flat in France  (Read 729 times)
ferretmobile

2.3 saloon S reg & all the toys. mmmm toys

View Profile

Flat in France
« on: Aug 30th, 2005, 3:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Guys, I have been in France for a few weeks and there was I touring around with hardly a care in the world. Scene...country lane,boot full of shopping. Going home on the Sunday, this was friday so most of the shopping was of the bottled kind. When..you know the sound clumpa-clumpa-clumpa. Bloody puncture. Fence post staple. Managed to change the tyre for the 50mph jobby and bent the jack pin a treat! (advise no1, buy a 2 ton trolly jack & stick it in boot) Pin on car is NOT reliable. The thought of driving back home at 50mph or less did not appeal. So, I was told about a garage in the town of Bais which is in the loir valley.
Drove there on the Saturday morning and saw the owner....stocky frenchman, permanent disc bleu dangling while he was pumping gas. no kidding!
I explained the situation...just. And he sayes (well I got the gist of it) leave it with me sir and go a have a coffee and it will be done in half an hour.
Had a good coffee and sauntered back half hour later.
not only was it done. but spare was put in boot,wheel on and all locked in place!
Now I thought what is this going to cost...50 euros or more. Not a bit of it, he only wanted 15 euros! (I gave him 20.) I recomend this garage if you are ever stuck in France and need help. I could not ask for better service.
 Grin  Ferret
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: Flat in France
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30th, 2005, 5:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

sorry.... Embarassed

mis read title,though you had "bought" a flat in france,i was waiting right untill the end as well Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged
ricky

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30th, 2005, 6:28pm »

same here, i wos just going to ask how much a week he would charge!!!!!!!!! Cry Cry
IP Logged

"Two tonnes of electronic infested metal"...
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 30th, 2005, 10:49pm »

on Aug 30th, 2005, 3:50pm, ferretmobile wrote:
bent the jack pin a treat! (advise no1, buy a 2 ton trolly jack & stick it in boot) Pin on car is NOT reliable.

The pin is just to guide the jack into the proper jacking point, its not for jacking the car up with.
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31st, 2005, 6:04pm »

I've never used the official jacking points on a car since my trusty old Cortina's sill  crumpled  into a pile of dust and stranded me miles from  anywhere  many moons ago.

Better with the trolley jack, safer all round, you can pick a 2 tonne one ( whatever a Tonne is !)   up from Argos for under 20 smackers.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.