Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 9:19am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« WIRING PROBLEM - SALOON »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   WIRING PROBLEM - SALOON
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WIRING PROBLEM - SALOON  (Read 1257 times)
locky

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile WWW

WIRING PROBLEM - SALOON
« on: Sep 5th, 2005, 9:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It had came to my attention recently, than when opening the boot the nearside running light mounted on the bootlid light strip, went off, and came back on again when the boot was closed.  

On further investigation, the cause of the fault had been the Platic cable cover, digging into the wires when the boot is closed.

As you can see from the pictures, it had broke almost every wire in that section of the loom, so a partial rewire had to be done.

I have found that, if you pull down the last bit of the cover, it stops digging into the wires.  So if you own a saloon CHECK THIS NOW!!
IP Logged
locky

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile WWW

Re: WIRING PROBLEM - SALOON
« Reply #1 on: Sep 5th, 2005, 9:04pm »

IP Logged
locky

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Sep 5th, 2005, 9:08pm »

Sorry about the size and quality of the first picture, but you get the idea Wink
IP Logged
Eric_R
Administrator

Cosworth Owner 1998 - 2006 & site co-founder

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 5th, 2005, 11:03pm »

Locky,
Thanks for that - your advice added to http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/faultfinds

Thanks   Cheesy
IP Logged

After a Cosworth, anything else is just ... ordinary
David_South_West

24V............ .Goodness

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 8:09pm »

Well done Locky..checked mine and found just one wire damaged.This proves what this site is all about ...find a fault..fix it and help everyone else as well.
IP Logged
John

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 4:44pm »

been to look at mine.  when I first obtained my "R" reg 60,000 miles was buged by the underneath of the metal parcel shelf, being all nasty grey primer. I should have throught it would have been painted. But everyone said their cars where the same. I throught that there must be a cover trim that was missing, but everyone says, no there is no trim. Yes, I know you can't see it, well you can if you bend down, but considering the price of the car new you would have throught that they would have blown some paint over while spraying the car.
Anyway, my wires where fine, all trightly buched together like they should be. BUT that stickey tape, like insulation tape had unraveled in the same area as on the photos. So I made good this with some of the same the sticky cloth sort of stuff, not the plastic insulation tape.
Then I went to the newer car and it perfect, just like the day it left the factory.
The Question now comes, are people running around without the long plastic sleeve that covers the coil springs and what about the square black plastic cover that fits around the metal hinge.
and is your cable secured all the way to the boot hinge or left loose in places.
Anyway  i going to see if I can put some rubber hose over mine, split it longways to get it on then tape over to keep closed. The question is will it flex or bend enought. Still won't know till I try.
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:13pm »

I also had a "small" problem, a few wires had their insulation cut off, luckly i saw this here before something bad could had happened.
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.