Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 20th, 2024, 7:30pm

Balance: £22.50
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Converting for BAZ »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Simmo, scorpio_man, Baz, Highlander)
   Converting for BAZ
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Converting for BAZ  (Read 779 times)
derekne

PULL OVER

View Profile

Converting for BAZ
« on: Feb 13th, 2006, 11:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Baz wile I remember when converting. Make sure that you take out the air intake funnel. That pokes through the hole. At the start of the air intake before the air box.
As to much air gets in and it chokes the engine out. It did on mine when I bought it. It still is getting a little to much air. So im going to make a little plastic plate to cover a SMALL part of the air intake hole. It has always idled poorly. As my past posts a good wile ago will tell you. Yesterday I decided enough was enough. I lifted the bonet and scratched my head some more. I gently put my hand over part of the intake hole and presto. It stopped hunting(jumpy idleing). This doesnt happen constantly just every time its not under load.
Over the past year. This has been a constant head scratching pain in the bottom. Now think ive got the remody. Grin
IP Logged

derekne
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Converting for BAZ
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13th, 2006, 5:58pm »

hi there

this is a strange one. Undecided  

i would/do go the other way and get rid of the whole airbox, etc and fit an induction kit to allow more air in! i've never had an issue with my kit, air intake wise, anyway. always felt the car ran better with the induction kit. Smiley
IP Logged
martin_rowe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 8:58am »

single point systems will run best with the original air box, but may have to be modified to stop windage ( positive air pressure in the filter box, ram effect), on multi point / sequential will have no effect. if you having to restrict air flow in to the air box there is a problem.
IP Logged

Rally Drivers Do It Sideways
derekne

PULL OVER

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 2:33pm »

on Feb 13th, 2006, 5:58pm, scorpio_man wrote:
hi there

this is a strange one. Smiley

Yes indeed it is a strange one when I slightly cover the airbox just slightly. Then idle becomes a lot better. Without my hand there it hunts(goes up and down)
So it appears to work better with a little bit covered.
Remember it is a lpg conversion. This only mainly happens on gas I have had all the gas system checked and renewed. It was profesionaly re setup using computers ect. It is still the same. I have had a new regulator fitted and all serviced at £250.
This was about 8 months ago now.
I just put my hand over the funnel when running on gas and presto its fine? HuhI have been strongly advised by my lpg installers not to use a K&N filter or other life lasting ones as this will make it worse. Drawing more air in? Undecided
IP Logged

derekne
derekne

PULL OVER

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 2:40pm »

I rang my garage up 3 months ago because it was/ still is doing my nut in. They said its the petrol side of things they have done all they can and all that c**p.
They even said it was the butterfly (throttle thingy)
I dont think it is. Undecided. MAF was all cleaned out  and butterfly /air inlet? was also. Its had new wiring loom.
IP Logged

derekne
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.