Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:14pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« At last, a decent mechanic that knows Scorps! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   At last, a decent mechanic that knows Scorps!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: At last, a decent mechanic that knows Scorps!  (Read 724 times)
Baw_Flinger

Ex 2.3 owner..... Snif

View Profile

At last, a decent mechanic that knows Scorps!
« on: Apr 6th, 2006, 8:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As a few of you know, I have had no end of bother with my Scorp since I got it. The mechanic I used for a good while on my other cars was pretty sound but when I got the Scorp from him, it was proven that he did not have a clue when it comes to a our breed of motor. When it came to getting my CAT done a couple of months ago, he threw his hands up and put me in contact with his mate that was ex-ford and I got the work done by him instead. Upon dealing with him, it was obvious that he knew a lot about Scorps and had been working with them for years (kept a bunch of taxi's on the road well past 200K!!). Since then he has helped me out on many occasions when I've been stuck, given me good solid advice and the odd quick tweak and had often never taken a penny from me! So, this week I got him to fit a second hand autobox and water pump. All in all, he did a sound job and my car runs like it was new again. The final bill was £256 for box fitting, filter, pan, gaskets, oil and threw in the pump fitting for free!! Top bloke and highly recommend his work to anyone in the Bucks area.  

Here are his details;
Ray – Acorn Motors
Chair Borough Rd
High Wycombe
Bucks. www.acornmotors.co.uk
info@acornmotors.co.uk
IP Logged

paulscorp

Email

Re: At last, a decent mechanic that knows Scorps!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 6th, 2006, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Its always nice to hear a happy ending on here and sounds like you've found a good bloke to do the work on your car.

All in all a job well done i reckon and many more miles to come from the scorp now

regards

Paul
IP Logged
Baw_Flinger

Ex 2.3 owner..... Snif

View Profile

Re: At last, a decent mechanic that knows Scorps!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 6th, 2006, 10:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

And thank you for sorting me out with a working box Smiley Its the first time I have had a smile on my face in ages Wink
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.