Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 8:31pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« boot open warning light »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   boot open warning light
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: boot open warning light  (Read 640 times)
kev2scorps

View Profile

boot open warning light
« on: Apr 11th, 2006, 11:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,
had noticed that the internal boot light would only come on every now and then when I opened the boot.  Then it stopped working altogether.  A few weeks later, the boot open warning light on the dash would not switch off while the car was running.  The alarm would then start to go off every few days or so, usually in heavy rain.  Since last Friday, the red led on the dash would not flash every few seconds after I activated the alarm by double locking the car with the remote.  Suspected the worst, fuse box damage, especially considering when the alarm had been going off.
Eventually tackled the problem last Sunday.  Checked fuse boxes and covers and battery cover.  All looked o.k. and dry.  Checked 3 switces in the boot.  2 around the barrell of the lock, and 1 on the latch.  All were o.k. (used multimeter to check that the switches were "making and breaking".  Checked bulb in boot.  Next, traced loom back through boot lid and into wing of car behind carpeted side of boot.  Untaped approx 2 ft of cable and discovered that the wiring loom coming from the boot lid, through the boot carpet above 1 of the hydraulic lifting rams, had started to break.  2 of the wires had severed due to years of continual bending / rubbing, 3 more had there insulative coating wore through.  Repaired damage, and taped everything back up.  Everything is now working as normal again.  Sorry I don't have any photos of the job, my mate has borrowed my camera.
IP Logged

2L 16V, 2.3 GHIA SALOONS,2L 8V GHIA EST 2L GRANNIE
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: boot open warning light
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11th, 2006, 12:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Kev, Thanks for posting your experience. Thats how we all learn. The fault you found is a known problem and there has been a picture previously. I will try and locate it. Here it is. http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Advice;action=di splay;num=1125950554.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.