Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:20pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Stylish Scorpio MP3 Player »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Stylish Scorpio MP3 Player
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stylish Scorpio MP3 Player  (Read 1201 times)
the_machine

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Stylish Scorpio MP3 Player
« on: May 22nd, 2006, 4:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have discovered a great way to make a stylish custom MP3 player for the car.

You buy a double din DVD player for your scorp, then using DVD creation software, you can create a custom Menu Driven MP3 player , with pictures of your scorpio on.

I have a nice ford logo on mine that displays when you switch on ignition, then you can select up to 1000 songs from one DVD. Its really good system, that looks the part.

you dont have to have moving pics, just nice stationary ones, as i find moving ones distracting. I used pictures from the scorp brochure and they look well.

I used a programme called DVD audio creator to make the DVD.

Its better than burning your mp3 songs onto a CDR as the DVD menu systems on most DVD players is better than CDRs. You can also use the disc in  your DVD player at home, and you have an instant Scorpio jukebox !!!

ill put some pics on here this evening

Pete the machine.
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Re: Stylish Scorpio MP3 Player
« Reply #1 on: May 22nd, 2006, 6:10pm »

Pics would be helpful as I was already bamboozled  by the second paragraph.

Lips Sealed
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 22nd, 2006, 9:15pm »

I play MP3's through the DVD system in the back of the car. Same sort of thing really but you can't control the playing order unless someone is in the back seats!!
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 22nd, 2006, 10:15pm »

I had considered something similar - Maplin are selling 12V DVD players for £35 this month; unfortunately the last time I tried using a DVD for MP3s I found the portable player I was using at the time had a silly file limit of about 255 which is a waste of a DVD really...  Angry

Unfortunately I have the early Scorpio with a standard DIN sized head unit and I'm not about to throw money at swapping it.  At the mo I'm just using a HDD MP3 player (on a windscreen mounted PDA holder) and a cassette adaptor from the pound shop!

Darren
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 23rd, 2006, 6:04pm »

Sorry for being dim but  I've got a nice new portable Philips  personal  CD/MP3  player,    is it possible  to  connect it up to the  Ford 7000 series   and  play MP3's   through  the system? Huh
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 23rd, 2006, 6:43pm »

on May 23rd, 2006, 6:04pm, mr._floppy wrote:
Sorry for being dim but  I've got a nice new portable Philips  personal  CD/MP3  player,    is it possible  to  connect it up to the  Ford 7000 series   and  play MP3's   through  the system? Huh

I had that question for a long time, couldn't find a quality way to listen to mp3 so i built myself an amplifier capable of an aux input. So the radio goes through it / mp3 can be selected at the flick of a switch.....

PS: there is a company that sells a device that emulates a cd-changer, so that the radio would think that you actualy have a cd and would enable the cd-audio line to wich you connect the mp3. The bad part of this is the price about 50 GBP withaout VAT and without shipping.

PS 2: you could buy a radio modulator
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 23rd, 2006, 11:11pm »

Maplin do sell an RF modulator which works in a similar way to you adding a video recorder to a TV.  You set the output 'channel' (more correctly, frequency) on the video then tune in the TV to receive it.  Of course, this does mean that you then can't receive that same frequency through the ariel as it is in use already!

I believe the Maplin kit includes the modulator, an on/off switch and wiring.  It sits behind the dash and is wired in between the car ariel and radio.  You then plug your MP3 player or whatever you like into it and set the radio to whatever frequency you set on the modulator.

Darren
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.