Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:19pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Instument Bulbs »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Instument Bulbs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Instument Bulbs  (Read 559 times)
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

Instument Bulbs
« on: Jun 19th, 2006, 10:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am having trouble locating a replacement bulb for my light switch bezel. When I remove the bezel there are 3 bulbs in the back which push in and twist. There also seems to be two different size fittings, I went to my local FMD and they can get the larger bulb (at a cost of £2-50 each), however even they are unable to locate the smaller of the 2 bulbs.  

Anybody else replaced this bulb or anybody know where to locate one of these.

Sorry probably should point out I have the single switch unit, and not the one with the headlight levelling switch.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Dave
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: Instument Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19th, 2006, 12:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

if i remember paul b looked into this as well.... Undecided
mine went,ford didn't recongnise the bulb at all  Huh Shocked  Huh....

managed to get 1 from a mate in the end,might get 1 off of here if your lucky though.. Undecided
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19th, 2006, 9:32pm »

OK cheers Craig, I will keep looking, hopefully someone will know where to get hold of them. If I do ever find them I will post my find on here.

Dave
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19th, 2006, 10:30pm »

Strange, my local FMD ordered some in for me - about 95p ex.VAT each; these being the very small bulbs mounted into a wide plastic base with a 'slot' cut into it, yes?

However... The Rover 200/400 series (original square shape) use the same bulbs to light up the dash-mounted switches (hazard, fogs and HRW) - so a trip to a scrapyard should provide these for pence once you've prised the switches out!

The bulb in the light switch itself is a small bayonet cap type which you can either get from Ford, or Halfords sell (slightly brighter 2W instead of original 1.2W) for a poun d or two..

Darren
IP Logged
the_machine

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 12:20am »

yes Halfords have these.

you can fit high bright LEDS instead, but they dont always work, as an LED is directional with its output as opposed to the filament types, and this can only work in certain applications. i tried it out on my dash and it looked dull. however using them on my heated seat switches works.

for you the best bet is scrapyard, or HALfords.
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 10:45am »

Hi Darren

I was able to get hold of the bulb inside the switch no problem, but it is the ones on that mount on to the the circuit board at the back that I have been struggling with, well the smaller one anyway.

I will take a look at the Rover, and see if I can find any, can't believe my wife had one of those and has just sold it. The problem I found at FMD was that the parts diagrammes only show the larger of the two bulbs and not the smaller one so they cannot find a part number.

Cheers
Dave
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 5:33pm »

When I bought a replacement for my light switch bezel they were all the same size - not quite sure the exact size but rather small.  The bulb itself was only the size of a 3mm LED and the base couldn't have been more than 8mm diameter...

Darren
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 7:01pm »

The size seems about right for the smaller bulb, but I have 3 estates and all 3 have the two different size bulbs in the light bezel. The page on the main site showing how to replace the bulbs only shows one size and the part number is the same one I have for the larger bulb. So now I am totally confused.

Dave
IP Logged
RichardMS

More mods coming soon !

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 7:59pm »

There are two different sizes for sure, Why Ford don't list them though is very funny.
Can you use a bulb from Maplin with the original fitting Huh
IP Logged

mach1rob

'95 2.9 12v Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 2nd, 2006, 10:50am »

Sorry if I'm late! Those bulbs are indeed used in Rovers, but, ready for this? £5 ea from your friendly Rover stealership if you still have one close, alternatively, buy a front fog switch for a rover 200/25 for £7ish and get 2 bulbs in it Roll Eyes
Maplins would be best bet to get a couple of sub minature bulbs and wire them into the exsisting holders
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 2nd, 2006, 2:45pm »

Thanks for the info, I shall have to take a trip to a scrappy and see if I can find a Rover to rob some from.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.