Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 10:28pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« check yours NOW ! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   check yours NOW !
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: check yours NOW !  (Read 734 times)
d.w

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

check yours NOW !
« on: Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

being a somewhat proud owner of a m reg ultima estate the newest car i have ever owned and being even prouder that the rear arches are unmarked  and the sills too imagine my supprise when i tried to remove the rear bumper the star drive nuts would not budge a few taps with the hammer and chissel would sort that out i thought and yes it worked fine     so now the bumper is now resting behind my car along with half the rear cross member witch has rusted itself to pieces MY ADVICE IS check yours now get some greese up there while you still have some thing to put greese on  any body else had nasty supprises they want to share    i aint getting rid of the car though its in my blood now plus i am a welder by trade good job eh
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Re: check yours NOW !
« Reply #1 on: Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:28pm »

It was the first thing I checked when I got my car , that rear area  it never sees the  light of day  and gets all   the  crud  and  water , it's easy to forget  to check it, and  it'll  fail  an  MOT  ( I think ).  

The boot  floor,  fuel tank  and  the rear  crossmember got  a  real  lashing  of   some  old   British  Railways    points and crossings   grease    ( very popular with MOT testers   ROFL )
IP Logged
d.w

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 3rd, 2006, 5:05pm »

wish i would have thaught of that i just spent all afternoon welding it together never mind i will know next time
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:58pm »

funny you should mention this, i tried to remove my bumper (got a new one) only to find different bolts due to the tow bar, nuts totally rusted up, am now armed with a nut splitter and angle grinder.....and new bolts  Cool
IP Logged

d.w

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 4th, 2006, 7:40pm »

be gentle mate and if i was you i would get some grease up inside that rear crossmember while you can prevention is better than cure
IP Logged
Oatcakes

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 5th, 2006, 7:13pm »

sounds similar to what i found when i went to take the rear bumper of mine for respraying, i could get one bolt loose thats it, i think it might be cheaper to grind them of lolon Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:58pm, taliban wrote:
funny you should mention this, i tried to remove my bumper (got a new one) only to find different bolts due to the tow bar, nuts totally rusted up, am now armed with a nut splitter and angle grinder.....and new bolts  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.