Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:32am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« cc control panel »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   cc control panel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: cc control panel  (Read 725 times)
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

cc control panel
« on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 2:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Could someone please tell me how to remove the cc control panel as i need to check the fan switch and replace some blown bulbs and i dont want to mark or damage the fascia.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: cc control panel
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 2:16pm »

Its all HERE. Note the position of the 'spring tangs' and select the appropiate model, air con or climate control. Just go easy and protect the dash surround with masking tape or similar.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 4:02pm »

Agree Also don't put to much pressure on the panel itself - I found it easer to access it from the back, but that means removing the radio and the screws that hold the dash in that area.

The key is just don't force it!

Dave
IP Logged
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 4:36pm »

Well i got it out but a few small marks despite using a rag to protect the surround and two broken springs, because it just wouldnt come out even after depressing the springs so i lost patience and used a bit of brute force, 1 bulb to replace, my next door neighbours 'maplins' do not have it and i found that the windscreen heater switch wasn't illuminating so pulled it apart, it has 1 small bulb simular to the other bulbs in the cc panel (but soldered) and a very small led also soldered. would have tried a repair on this but cannot get the bulbs,if maplins haven't got them Who has. So now a new switch required, nearest fmd is miles away in croydon through heavy traffic so b****r it ,it will have to wait.
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 5:15pm »

Mine never wants to budge either, I always remove the lot to be on the safe side Wink

For the heater switches, don't bugg£r with new bulbs, use LEDs. I found the best ones from Maplin were:  

CK39 - High Brightness 5mm green, solder a 510 ohm resistor inline for the battery

CJ68 - Yellow 3mm 12v

With the green LED, keep the little rubber cover from the bulb and replace this on the LED to make a better colour match and it should look identical to the others. Done a few of these, earned myself a few £££ too Wink

Hope this helps, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 7:09pm »

Other members  have reported no difficulty in removing the CC panel from the front , but I've  found,   to  reduce the odds of damage,   it's best to remove the whole shebang  and remove  the panel by pushing  it out  from  the  rear  of the  big  dash panel.  Cry

IP Logged
hellblue

Ill have silver,it dries just as fast !

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 7:59pm »

I did remove the cc panel once but when removing whole dash i know just pull dash forward & unclip the cable from cc panel, there  less chance of damaging anything!
IP Logged

Gary
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 9:07pm »

Tiberius....did what you said buuuuut put the resistor on the wrong bulb so attempt 1 failed miserably...re purchased the bits again 2nd attempt.... soldered the clear bulb with the resistor (that worked fine)  small green bulb,,,left too much of the legs on it so switch wouldn't work,,,taken apart again dropped the bl%$dy bulb in the shed, half hour to find it,,,soldered on ok this time  would it work nooooooooooooooo.
Trouble is as i'm getting older hands are not as steady and nor is my patience, will try again tomorrow if i haven't commited harry karry by then. I might just give up and try and buy the parts if i can.
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 9:24pm »

Make sure mate that the LED is connected up the right way, LEDs don't like working backwards Wink

Best way to do it I found is to solder the resistor a few mm from the LED on the anode then snip the leads once the solder is set. Tricky stuff but it can be done, after years of picking Hi-fi wafer switches apart, this almost becomes bearable Wink. No need to make more work and replace the yellow one too, just that one of mine was blown for some reasonHuh

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 3:14pm »

Hi tiberius, my yellow one was blown to and i know that there is a right and wrong way to put them in but as i said, shaky hands (and i dont drink Grin)and lessening patience dont make things easier.
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 4:20pm »

It's  my  eyesight  that  gives me trouble when  doing them  fiddly  switches,  even with my reading  glasses perched on top of  my driving  glasses  I struggle  to solder  the  little   b*****s    without  needing  several  attempts.
IP Logged
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 6:20pm »

Well finished, but the yellow one still doesnt work i now believe after checking that the switch is us. Im thinking about buying another cc panel and a new switch, but  iwill make do for now until i save up a few coppers.
IP Logged
hellblue

Ill have silver,it dries just as fast !

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 8:12pm »

Befor you buy a switch does the heated screen still work?as the screen ON lamp in the switch takes its feed from the element being powered up (sorry cant remember if its the left or right element though,so you going to have to check both)
IP Logged

Gary
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 5:14pm »

Thanks Hellblue i will investigate later.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.