Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 2:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« just bought an ultima »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   just bought an ultima
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: just bought an ultima  (Read 2420 times)
scottystar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

just bought an ultima
« on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 8:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi ppl,

well ive just bought a scorpio its a 2.3 ultima, its lovely really nice to drive, been looked after despite the high mileage drives superb soooooo smooth and to think i almost bought another mondeo, phew....

anyway all the toys work ok, except the passenger heated seat switch is stuck on, ive not looked at it or tried to take it out or nowt but if its broken can i get one from fords or off of here?? the other thing is the stereo some of the speakers dont work, the ford stereo is actually really good and im in two minds wether to put my kenwood in think it may look out of place (read chavy!) if i do i presume u can get those fascia adaptors? so what about the speakers, any idea on standard size or what may fit aftermarket wise.

i have to say this is the most fantastic site, i bought the car tonight but i looked at it on saturday afternoon, i spent the whole weekend reading everything off this site making sure i knew what i was buying and what it should be like, so thanku very much.

scott   Cheesy Wink
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: just bought an ultima
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:05pm »

Hello Scott, welcome aboard mate Wink

Passenger seat switch: Depends what you mean by stuck, if it's been hammered then you'll probably need a new one, if it's just got stuck down you could take it out and try to free it up. Must be somebody on here who could sort you out with one, no need to go to Fords Smiley

With the radio is it the RDS 7000? I've never had any trouble with mine, I like my music and I don't think its a bad system at all compared to some. With regard to the speakers, what speakers aren't working? Are you sure the fade/balance is set right?

You could check the multiplug behind the unit is seated properly, someone else may be able to help more and tell you about the fascia adaptors.

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
scottystar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:36pm »

hi bruce,

the switch is almost like stuck down when u press it nothing happens, its like the spring is broken, ill prise it out tomorrow and have a look.

yeah its the 7000 with the 6 cd changer which i must say works very well, im genuinely impressed by its straightforwardness (is that a word) but ive got a kenwood keg mp3 hard drive and think i will miss it.

the ones on the drivers side dont seem to work, i had a fiddle with the fade/balance but no joy, ive got some speakers ive just bought for my mondeo that the scorpio will replace but i dont think they will fit........ thats life  Lips Sealed

i gonna check the car over at weekend anyway oil and filter change etc, just needs some tlc in general.

oh anyone got an lpg conversion on here or ever thought about it?

speak soon..

scott
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:39pm »

PM me your address and i'll post you a switch Scott

Scorpioman has LPG on a 2.3 and If i'm not mistaken Baz has it too!! Wink
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Scott, and welcome.

I too have the 7000RDS, and find it an excellent unit. These cars were made for executive class comfort, performance, style and sound, and they deliver.

I've had a Kenwood, and wasn't that impressed (wouldn't buy another anyway), so my vote goes with the Ford unit. Apart from anything else it fits the space perfectly. You CAN get a combi Radio/CD/Cassette/ SatNav unit to fit too (The 9000 VNR). They come up from time to time on Ebay and a member may have one for sale here too.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/newradiospec.htm

Enjoy your car!!  Wink
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:48pm »

If you want ideas for your stereo, look no further  Wink
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:36pm »

Welcome scotty
on Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:36pm, scottystar wrote:

oh anyone got an lpg conversion on here or ever thought about it?
speak soon..
scott

Hmmm Not sure about that one think Baz mentioned it once but not sure if he whent ahead with it Grin Grin ROFL ROFL ROFL
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 4:38am »

BAZ is definitely the man to tal to re LPG!!

It's gone so quiet that I reckon he's bought a M E R C  on the sly............!!!   Grin  Cheesy
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 7:50am »

Welcome to the site, Scott  Cheesy
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
km449

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 9:36am »

Scott, hi

Where did you get it from?
IP Logged
scottystar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 7:14pm »

i enquired at the ford dealer today about the 9000.......... blimey i said as he told me it was nearly two grand  Lips Sealed

nevermind i might try my keg with the h/u ive seen an adaptor lead in halfrauds to connect a kenwood cd changer.....

the car came from a trader down here (pompey) as with any seconf hand car had reservations about buying it but the missus gave me the shove i needed bless her  Smiley

enquired about lpg yesterday was quoted 1750 + V.A.T thats fully fitted, so thats a no-no have seen some diy kits for around 750 which is a little more pleasing to the wallet, so any opinions on the cost effectiveness and performance and anything else that strikes u about the conversion are welcome, although i did get 31.5 mpg average on the run to and from work which is okish..

highlander:- ill have the switch out at the weekend see if i can bring it back to life, if its dead ill give u a shout and take up your offer let me know costs etc.

thanks guys

scott
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 7:24pm »

Hi Scott.

I'm not going to knock Ford main Dealers. I'm sure though that you will realise that their parts will be top price, just as all main dealer prices are.

There is a 9000 VNR on Ebay at the moment........for a tenner!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAT-NAV-CDPLAYER-9000VNR_W0QQitemZ270034876759QQih Z017QQcategoryZ139825QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know about wiring etc etc, but no doubt somebody on here will !  Grin

IP Logged
scottystar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 7:37pm »

oh definately i knew it wouldnt be cheap i was hoping he could tell me a little about it but he was in denial that one existed until i told him it was probably from a galaxy.

that one on ebay has the panel missing, i know u can get them from fords but i cant see them just handing over a panel isnt that the idea of a removable panel in the first place so that if it gets nicked its useless more or less, although i guess some sort or proof of purchase or the like would suffice.
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 4:55am »

Thought (know) that the ad says it's the remote that's not included, not the front.  

Don't know if you need it. This might help,

http://www.mondeo.hu/ftp/kezelesi_utmutatok/9000_vnr_uk.pdf

Catch you later. Got to go to that horrible thing called

WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK
!!  Shocked
IP Logged
scottystar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 5:37am »

blimey u get up earlier than me..............!!!

yeah the panel is missing ive emailed him asked if its nicked or a valid reason, ill call ford today find out about the rules and regs of obtaining new panels.

ah the manual i was searching for that last night cheers  Wink

last question does either the 9000 or cd changer play cdr or cd/rw discs

have a nice day all

scott
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 8:02am »

hi there

my lpg conversion.

hth
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 6:59pm »

There's info about getting a new panel in the manual.

Hope this helps you.  Wink

IP Logged
scottystar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 7:07pm »

i phoned fords up yesterday he said no issue with proof of ownership etc a new panel is £35 + VAT so i dont think ill bother kinda gone off the idea...........

i fixed the heated seat switch just pulled it out pulled the plug off and put it back in, hey presto.
IP Logged
freddieboy

Juan Sheet does Plenty!

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 12:04am »

Hi Scotty.  Welcome to the club.  With ref to the cd player it will play cd`s recorded on a PC but not in MP3 format. Pretty good sound really. To my mind it ruins the dash layout if you  upgrade the player, but its a personal choice.  As far as the car generally is concerned I`ve had mine for eighteen months and am well pleased with it. Its great on long runs and the level of equipment is excellent. My mate has a Jag and it hasnt got half of the whistles and bells that my Ultima has. Smiley
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 4:42pm »

on Oct 6th, 2006, 12:04am, freddieboy wrote:
My mate has a Jag and it hasnt got half of the whistles and bells that my Ultima has. Smiley

But, the sound system in the top Jags is a lot nicer than the one in the Scorp Wink

I'm not knocking the 7000 but the sound from the front door speakers is hard, got it faded nearly to the rears to take some of the compression out of the low end, miles better than the 2006 in the Mondeo though...

Agreed about keeping the original unit, these cars look better kept standard in my opinion.

May be worth checking for speaker output from the radio before you ditch it though, not the first time I've seen a Ford stereo loom melted.  

Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.