Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 4:31am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Sunroof Transplant »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Sunroof Transplant
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sunroof Transplant  (Read 498 times)
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

Sunroof Transplant
« on: Oct 8th, 2006, 5:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I finally got around to changing my sunroof panel today.

I've had a lumpy seal for ages, and a whole spare roof assembly sitting in the garage for almost 2 years. But today was the day I decided to actually do the job.

The instructions on the main site tell you there are 14 screws holding it in place. Yes there are, but it doesn't tell you not to remove the 2 at the front which are really close together (machine screws) and to watch that you don't miss the 2 very rearward ones.

Anyway, with those all removed, its a really easy job to lift the whole thing out. Mine (naturally) wasn't made quite so easy due to the enthusiastic repairs made by a previous owner  Angry    
I say that, because I really don't think Ford employed the use of clear & white silicones to stick the assembly down in the hole. Nor did they use screws which look like they came from a jam jar in the shed!

Oh, and there was another problem... the nylon gear which I thought was still in good nick quite clearly wasn't. In fact, it had been... 'fixed' in the past.
The plastic casing of the motor was broken, and the nylon cog had been glued to the metal one using Araldite. That was also holding the screw solid too.

Anyway... I got it all apart, and I've managed to drop the new 2nd hand roof in place. It sits a lot better than the old one used to, but I do just need a few parts to finish the job.
I need a new casing for the motor, a new nylon gear and some proper finish screws to hold the roof tracks down nicely.

IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
harry.m1byt

What's YaBB?

View Profile

Re: Sunroof Transplant
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17th, 2006, 11:40pm »

Comparing my Granada to the Scopio roof, they both use identical parts and there are a lot more Granadas in the scrappies to choose from.
IP Logged

August '95 2.9 12v auto Ultima -
Now flashing Smiley
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

Sunroof Transplant - Job Completed
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 4:28pm »

All sorted now.

The new 2nd hand roof is in, adjusted and working just fine.

As for the broken parts, I acquired a complete other motor from a member of another site (thanks again Dave if you're reading).

IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.