Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 8:26am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Struggle to put a 12S feed in! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Struggle to put a 12S feed in!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Struggle to put a 12S feed in!  (Read 303 times)
harry.m1byt

What's YaBB?

View Profile

Struggle to put a 12S feed in!
« on: Nov 19th, 2006, 8:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Having just installed a feed cable directly from the battery, into the boot ready for a 12S (supplimentary) socket to fitted for towing - I thought it might save sometime a bit of time finding a route for the cable.

I used 4mm cable, to limit volts drop to a minimum and installed a 25amp sealed spade type fuse holder close to the battery connection. I intend to add a voltage sensing relay at the boot end of the cable, to simplify the wiring.

The run from the boot, through to the passenger footwell is easy -just push the cable up under the plastic door bottom side trim or even better remove the trim and install the cable in with the rest of the loom running under there.

Getting through the bulkhead was much more of a problem. I ended up taking the battery out and piercing the upper of the two cable grommets to allow a thin draw wire to be poked through. The glove box then needs to be taken out and the flap above (hiding the relays) dropped down. You should then be able to easily see the end of your draw wire, attach the cable to it to allow it to be pulled through - not forgetting to feed it round behind the glove box surround first.

In the boot it feeds the relay, which then provides a trailer battery charge, feeds the fridge and provides an uninterupted feed for caravan interior lighting.
IP Logged

August '95 2.9 12v auto Ultima -
Now flashing Smiley
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.