Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 3:15am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« RPM »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   RPM
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RPM  (Read 432 times)
leedaman

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

RPM
« on: Nov 28th, 2006, 12:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

what is the correct rpm for my 2.9 12v ultima
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: RPM
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 12:39pm »

At idle or at certain speed?
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

harry.m1byt

What's YaBB?

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 5:18pm »

I think it should be 850 at no load idle, but various things being on (particularly a/c) can affect this.
IP Logged

August '95 2.9 12v auto Ultima -
Now flashing Smiley
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 7:07pm »

All depends on how happy your right foot is Wink Cheesy
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 10:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Mine idles at around 850/900 rpm, but as Harry correctly says, it can vary depending on what equipment you have running.  

Are you having an idle problem?  Smiley
IP Logged
leedaman

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 9:36am »

well the reason i ask is because i have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car it idles at about 1300-1400 dropping to about 1100 at idle  

I have been unsure what i needed to do so have dropped the car of at my local FMD today to let them sort it out so hopefully it will come back like a new car Smiley
IP Logged
harry.m1byt

What's YaBB?

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 3:33pm »

[quote author=leedaman link=board=Advice;num=1164716570;start=0#5 date=12/01/06 at 09:36:23]well the reason i ask is because i have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car it idles at about 1300-1400 dropping to about 1100 at idle [quote]

1100 is roughly the idle I get when I have first started it from cold, after which it quickly settles down to a steady 850.
IP Logged

August '95 2.9 12v auto Ultima -
Now flashing Smiley
leedaman

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 4:02pm »

fords just called and they said that once the alternator and new plugs were fitter the battery should have been disconnected to reset everything just going to pick it up now we live and learn i suppose Wink
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 4:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car"" ""have just had a new alternator and plugs fitted and now the revs seem to be running high when i first start the car""

AH!! Now if you'd told us that FIRST, I'd have suggested taking the battery off, to reset the system!!

You could have saved yourself a bill there.  Wink
IP Logged
leedaman

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Dec 4th, 2006, 8:24pm »

Yep we live and learn but they only charged me £44 so not so bad
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.