Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 11:18pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« This winters project »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   This winters project
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: This winters project  (Read 638 times)
nic

Email

This winters project
« on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 9:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well I have finally got the house finished, thanks again simon, now to look at the cars.

Passat has a brake pad warning light on, easy fix.

Now the dilema, the estate has worked this summer, 5 trips to the tip a week. Carrying timber, palsterboard and anything else I could get in.

Now she looks tired, rear arches are blebbing, rear bumper is scuffed, front bumper is scuffed, ABS light on, number plate lights off, plaster dust everywhere, disk vibration when i brake hard, dog snot on the back windows, alloys look minging and running on the space saver.

Do i throw £5-600 at her over the winter and make her mint again or do I put the ABS right, hoover her out and whack a pair of disks on?

Or do I leave her and spend £1000 on the jag and push the BHP to almost 460BHP?

What do I do, the estate has been with me now for 5 years and never put a wheel wrong.

Do i really need and would I really use 460 horses?

Do i bite the bullet and get rid of the estate and get a diesel something?

Come on boys, whats a bloke to doHuhHuh

Nic
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: This winters project
« Reply #1 on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 9:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi nic

the scorp has to come first! new discs/pads won't cost much. get a pair of sports discs from here.

you know the estate is far more practical than the jag. get rid of the jag! ROFL
IP Logged
nic

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:10pm »

Andrew,

I saw them on ebay, are they OK as the last pair I got were as much use as Newcastle in the premiership. I mean the back ones didnt last.

Nic
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:40pm »

hi nic

i done 3k+ on mine and they're fine. they have a real bite if used hard. Wink (aug 06).

mine were stamped lockhead on them.

quick service from them as well.

hth
btw, i got the ones on show. i've heard horror stories about discs cracking with drilled discs, but that's only with real hard braking on the track.
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 12:25am »

You know the answer  Wink

Lavish a bit of attention on the Scorp, you know it makes sense  Cheesy
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 4:11pm »

You need 460 horses? Isn't 370 enough anymore? where will you find all the jockeys? Shocked Cheesy

I'm happy with my 250, goes like a bullet compared to the Scorpio, low down power is bliss Tongue

When I was laying the new floors last year I was lugging 5 metre joists home in mine, thats without all the old rubbish it's carted down the tip. If you know the car and it does what you want it to, a few hundred £££ isn't the end of the world.

Regards, Bruce Smiley.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
bertie

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 4:44pm »

on Dec 2nd, 2006, 9:33pm, nic wrote:

Now she looks tired, rear arches are blebbing, rear bumper is scuffed, front bumper is scuffed, ABS light on, number plate lights off, plaster dust everywhere, disk vibration when i brake hard, dog snot on the back windows, alloys look minging and running on the space saver.

Do i throw £5-600 at her over the winter and make her mint again or do I put the ABS right, hoover her out and whack a pair of disks on?

Nic me ol' mucca

I've got the ABS lines, front and back you can have for free !!! and the dash lights you are wanting. Go to NPA and buy the discs and pads all round, cost me £60, buy some anti roll bar bushes and wishbone bushes like I've jut done and she'll drive like a minter once again. Hell, I'll even lend a hand in fitting them !!!

Remember this, could you fit 6 sheets of 8ft X 4 ft conti board on top of your Jaguar Huh cos you've still got the lounge to redo..........

simon
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.