Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 2:14pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« trip computer »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   trip computer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: trip computer  (Read 394 times)
youmitegetian

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

trip computer
« on: Jan 8th, 2007, 10:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone know if you can retro fit the trip computer?? i had the dash apart the other day and found a small wiring block thats unused by the diagnostic port, i.m guessing its for the trip computer where fitted so does this mean if i get the switch (mode, s and r) i'll have the computer??
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: trip computer
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 11:40pm »

What model is it? the diesels don't have them factory fitted and don't have the LCD display on the left hand clock (rev counter). The ones with the Mode S R switches have two LCD displays; one in each clock.  

I was under the impression that all the petrol models had them but all the diesels definately didn't.

It may be that (if you have a petrol) that the switch broke and the previous owner just took it away and replacing it may indeed work. FYI The plug should be a blue 4 pin one; about 1.5 cms long.

However if it was not a factory fitted item, chances are that the display, wiring to other components and the sensors which check the required measurements haven't been installed either..... otherwise they would have just fitted a switch at the factory and charged another £1,000.00 for the option!!

There is no reason why the trip computer system can't be retro fitted; I guess it just needs the correct wiring, sensors, relays, fuses....etc. etc. but to be honest, would it be worth it?

BAz
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 11:54pm »

The petrol Executives dont seem to have them, (based on the three exec's I've seen)

On the same note though I've just "installed" cruise control on a TD5 which came in a kit consisting of a Landrover dash switch and the steering wheel controls, wiring etc was all there, only had to plug them in and it worked!!
Seems a bit strange not offering cruise control for the want of two switches?

So you never know.. fairly sure yours is the diesel though.. isnt that the one with the fusebox issue?
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

youmitegetian

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 5:50pm »

Yeah she's a diesel, i did wonder if it was just a standard loom, shan't be bothering with that than.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.