Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 6:26pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Instrument Cluster High Series »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Instrument Cluster High Series
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Instrument Cluster High Series  (Read 286 times)
macroy

White 24v Ultima Cosworth Estate

View Profile Email

Instrument Cluster High Series
« on: Jan 27th, 2007, 1:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am looking to get the procedure for removing the facia panel on the high series,I can only seem to find it for the low series.I have removed the six screws but cannot remove the panel as the air vents are obstructing further movement,also the cc controls are still attatched,although I now need another unit as I tried to remove the knob and whoops!not supposed to do this.Any help please.Roy.
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Instrument Cluster High Series
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2007, 2:08pm »

Roy, it is somewhere on the site, at the bottom of the same page as the low series I remember. Vents are a hassle (original word b****r sensored Wink) but do pull out, don't try and remove the cc panel first, you'll more than likely damage the fascia Smiley

Just inch it out and pull the multiplugs as you go, push the cc panel and whatever else you need out from behind afterwards Wink

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
macroy

White 24v Ultima Cosworth Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2007, 2:14pm »

Thanks Bruce,I have already broken up the cc panel by trying to take the switc off,may pick one up on ebay if I,m lucky.Looking at the vents though,they are screwed on to the facia panel,I will look at the info page though.Thanks,Roy.
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27th, 2007, 2:25pm »

hi there

this always puzzles me. i've had my 'wooden' dash out countless times and never had any problem doing so, so i find it hard to understand the problems people have with it. i think people are worried about breaking it, but it's quite flexible.

anyway, the easiest way is using the instructions. also remove the radio first and when you come to remove the 'wooden' surround, remove the drivers air vent first (2 small screws in the inside, you see them when you pull the surround back a bit).

hth
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.