Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 6:29pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Door Lock Motor - Does anybody know.. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Door Lock Motor - Does anybody know..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Door Lock Motor - Does anybody know..  (Read 341 times)
yangi

Had Cossie for 9 months - now time to spend money!

View Profile

Door Lock Motor - Does anybody know..
« on: Jan 28th, 2007, 4:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Evening All

Finally got around to checking why the driver's door doesn't work on the remote or talk to the other doors on the key  Smiley

Put new batteries in the Fob.  Great 3 doors, Boot and fuel cap now work off the Fob - but still not Driver's Door.

Off with the panel.  The door motor is not plugged in  Grin  (Todays Moral:  Always check if anything electrical is plugged in before ripping everything apart)  

There is a 'spare' Plug from loom in doorwell.  Fiddled around (trying to do it without taking the motor off completely and therefore taking the actuating rods off coz it was getting dark  Roll Eyes ).

Can't get the Plug into the bottom of the Motor - but before I take the motor off completely, I could  do with knowing if the plug from the loom directly plugs to the Motor, or is there another 'link' piece with plugs either end?  Only it looks a bit of a stretch for the one that's there.

Anybody know?
IP Logged

Cossie? Heart said Yes. Head said No. Heart Won!
daz_38

97 2.3  ultima

View Profile

Re: Door Lock Motor - Does anybody know..
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28th, 2007, 6:23pm »

ive recently replaced my central locking motor and the plug comes direct from loom but there is another cable that runs from the bottom of door well and unplugs but this goes direct to door lock not to sure what this wire is for   is the plug your trying to fix in for the central locking or door lock ? as the c/locking one needs to have the security plate removed from door barrel before you can get at it
IP Logged

long live the scorpio
yangi

Had Cossie for 9 months - now time to spend money!

View Profile

Re: Door Lock Motor - Does anybody know..
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2007, 7:10pm »

Thanks Daz

That sorts it then.  Gotta take the thing off properly to get the plug back in - or employ a 2 year old child to crawl in there and do it in situe Cheesy

Three wires go to the locking mech.  
1) The one I need to connect on the bottom of the Lock/Latch Motor that provides (I guess) the power and signal

2) One to the side of the Latch/Lock Motor for the 'Door Open' Switch.

And 3) One up to the barrel that attaches to the white plastic thingy around the barrel - which I assume sends a lock/unlock signal to the central locking unit when the key is used.

Although that begs the question why when I used the key it doesn't work the other doors  Undecided  

So maybe the barrel switch sends the signal to the drivers door Latch Motor - which then returns the signal to the rest of the doors..  Huh

How to make an easy task of opening your door into a major best seller  Grin Grin Grin

Many Thanks
IP Logged

Cossie? Heart said Yes. Head said No. Heart Won!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.