Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 6:24pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Need Gaskets? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Need Gaskets?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need Gaskets?  (Read 293 times)
Spannerdemon

Email

Need Gaskets?
« on: Feb 1st, 2007, 12:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Came across this very handy site today.

HERE

I cut a lot of my own gaskets, and keep a selection of gasket papers and materials in my garage. It's something I've done for years, and I have a comprehensive kit to cut them with.

You can bet your life that one day (usually a Friday night, when everybody closes for the weekend), you'll need a gasket to finish that repair that you scheduled for weekend. Not just for the car either. I've repaired mowers, washing machines, and pumps that have all required elusive gaskets.

This excellent tutorial guides you through the process of making gaskets, and also how to make a gasket by taking a template from the existing area. which is sometimes difficult to access, or of a strange shape.  

You can also get loads of gasket templates off the web. This is just one site which has absolutely loads of different gasket templates, with an average of 30 templates per page!! HERE

Yesterday, at my friendly local Ford dealership, I was asked for £7.42 + VAT for a tiny (and I mean tiny) paper gasket  to fit  behind my nice new Throttle Position Sensor.  Yeah...right!!

Needless to say, I bought the part, but NOT the gasket. I cut that myself for an estimated 3p.

Anyway. Worth bookmarking. very handy site.  Wink
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Need Gaskets?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2007, 4:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A small world it is SD, I know Sean as an admin over on the XJ forums Roll Eyes  

Gaskets are very expensive, especially when you get to the kits where you have to buy an entire engine set for a tiny paper one for a sensor...

Keep browsing Wink

Regards, Bruce.

IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Spannerdemon

Email

Re: Need Gaskets?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2007, 5:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It's good stuff that he's written, and the sites for gaskets are very useful. I scan them, and then reduce them to the sizes I want.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.