Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 11:27pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Need an expert garage... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Need an expert garage...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need an expert garage...  (Read 513 times)
Penguin

Scorpio Owner 12/05 - 7/07

View Profile

Need an expert garage...
« on: Feb 13th, 2007, 9:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone know of a garage with Scorpio expertise in or near London.  I have grown tired of the lack of skill displayed at FMD's and the well meaning but inexperienced attempts of my own garage.  

Cheers

Penguin
IP Logged
DJWerkz

Email

Re: Need an expert garage...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 12:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

There is only one in my mind and that's Powercraft Engineering run by Bill Field (SaveTheNight on this forum), who is based in Devon.

I know you said in the London area but I, like you, have had my fair share of dealings with people who just do not know what they are doing on the Scorpio, they view it as just another Granada, and really can't see the value of trying to keep it running.

I live in North Buckinghamshire but took my car down to Bill's in Devon because he is the expert and it's peace of mind at the end of the day.

He builds stainless exhuast systems and has several options for the Scorpio upt to race spec.!  He was telling me last week that he has a special replacement for the flexi pipes that join on the the CAT's on the 24v, so that's good to know.

It's worth the trip,...trust me.
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 8:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'd agree 100%.

Powercraft have an enviable reputation, and I am extremely fortunate because they are about 2 miles from where I live.  Smiley
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 1:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

fmd probably arent interested, no money in it for them; the scorp is an old car but a very complex one, very few of their current mechanics would've worked on them due to the small number produced compared to their other cars. they know if they do some work on one theres a good chance it'll come back for the same problem costing them time that could be used on over priced servicing on mondeo's etc...
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.