Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 7:23am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« COOLING FANS DONT WORK »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   COOLING FANS DONT WORK
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: COOLING FANS DONT WORK  (Read 418 times)
ashley

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

COOLING FANS DONT WORK
« on: Feb 13th, 2007, 11:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi again some of you will have noticed my earlier entry, I have checked the cooling fan fuses and  they are ok however I found that the fans dont run even when the aircon is runing.
I bought this car in October and did not think I had a problem until I came to tow. looking in the car handbook it looks as some one had checked this same fault before have done as much of the check that I can without test equiment other than a volt meter, can anyone give Any more advice. Thanks all who answered oringal question too.
IP Logged
hellblue

Ill have silver,it dries just as fast !

View Profile

Re: COOLING FANS DONT WORK
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13th, 2007, 11:46pm »

As linked with your other post,i would change the thermostat,rad/bottle cap & temp sender,worth doing on a 2.3 .But the fans are turned on from the air con & the engine coolant sensor (next to the temp sender) via eec v ,so if the fans are not siezed? you need to check power to the fans & the relay to find out if they are being told to run . also as youve been told to do, but DONT go shorting things to earth as most sensors connect to the eec v !! so shorting the wrong one may do more harm!!
IP Logged

Gary
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15th, 2007, 7:17pm »

Here's a recent thread regarding similar problem:

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Problems;action= display;num=1170430919

And another:

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Problems;action= display;num=1164910109

You will need either a volt meter (multimeter) or a 12V test lamp, and a length of fairly thick wire to troubleshoot the problem, but it's not difficult to fix once you've found which connection isn't doing anything useful!

Darren
IP Logged
davidberryman

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16th, 2007, 3:53pm »

hi, having recently bought my 2.3 had same fault, tested fans (live feed direct from battery, both worked), found fault to be the large green relay that manages fans, behind o/s headlamp on chassis rail, secondhand one fitted..sorted.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.