Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 8:21pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Trip Computer Queries »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Trip Computer Queries
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Trip Computer Queries  (Read 333 times)
hybrid

Me (Human) and Peggy (Scorpio)

View Profile Email

Trip Computer Queries
« on: Feb 20th, 2007, 11:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi There Peeps.  

A quick question about the trip computer on the scorpio range. I have a 2.5TD which was never fitted with a trip computer. However, whilst removing parts from a similar Scorpio at the local scrap yard I found that the scorpio had the computer control buttons fitted and plugged in. The car was also a 2.5TD Ultima and did not have the secondary screen in the rev counter like is shown in the drivers handbook.  

I quickly took the keypad and slipped it into mine as the wiring was there for it. My question is whether Diesel scorpios can have some form of functionality with the trip computer or has the previous owner of the scrap scorpio just put the buttons in for fun? Also, if there are Diesels with the computer is it just a case of switching instrument clusters or is it more in depth? At Present the buttons beep but really thats about it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: Trip Computer Queries
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2007, 11:49pm »

not positive, but i think you'll find you have the earlier diesel like mine, no computer, but as you say the blanking plate where the buttons should be. a year or so later ford put the 125bhp diesel in, ours being 115bhp, this also had a couple of other differences; a MAF and fly by wire throttle system and i think the trip comp as standard. i think there would be a lot more to it than simply plugging in the buttons, i.e. modules etc, as well as the screen bit.

just out of interest, where abouts is this breaker with the td?
IP Logged

hybrid

Me (Human) and Peggy (Scorpio)

View Profile Email

Re: Trip Computer Queries
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21st, 2007, 12:05am »

Scrap dealer is in Kirkcaldy, Fife. Not a lot left of it. Engine intact >mostly<, turbo and all cylinder heads. I have aspirations on the gearbox as mine is... long in the tooth. Kinda difficult though as there is a car above and below. interior is pretty much missing though. I have also recently taken the steering rack, front wishbones and trip computer buttons for mine.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.