Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 10:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« How Many Facelifts ?? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   How Many Facelifts ??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How Many Facelifts ??  (Read 393 times)
bizzay1

1997 Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

How Many Facelifts ??
« on: Apr 12th, 2007, 10:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Were there 3 types of scorp ??

the reason I ask is I am in need of a rear lamp for mine and a guy says he has one which was from the last facelift - in his words "from the final model they made of the 3 (the final facelift)  

would this be the same on both facelifts ??

what were the differences in facelifts ??  

I thought there was only 1 Facelift and it was all cosmetic anyway ??
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: How Many Facelifts ??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 12:07am »

There were only two types. There was the Chrome grille and rear lighted pre facelift version and the facelifted one which had the chrome removed from the rear lights and a colourcoded grille fitted with a very thin chrome trim ring. Most of the works to the facelifts was cosmetic but they did add a few extra safety features such as driver/passenger side airbags (on some models) and the centre rear full seat belt and headrest.

About 6000 facelift cars were made/sold according to the figures on the main site. The only thing was that on some they never stuck the "scorpio" badge in the middle of the rear light bar and on some they did. The scorpio logo was a sticker and not moulded into the plastic as some expect!

Baz
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 1:58am »

& there were some things that they took away when they made the facelift....

....no low coolant warning sensor & no courtesy lights on the doors...well, my facelift doesn't have them  Huh

Come to think of it, there is one thing that none of the Scorps have, which should have been standard on a car of this spec......inner door handle lights.... Wink

Looking for the door handle in an unfamiliar car at night isn't easy, especially if you've had a few....I had someone pull the ashtray clean out once, thinking it was the door handle & broke it in the process  Angry

That's why I've wired up a switch to the front overhead courtesy light, so I can turn on the rear overhead courtesy light....helps people find their cash as well  Wink
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 8:59am »

hi there

the mondeo ('97) has the door handle lights. always though about wiring something up to overhead lights.
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 9:33am »

Someone on here did the mod a few years ago I think. There is a very good website for Mondeo mods which shows how to fit them (I will see if I can find the url) The Mondeo Ghia had them as standard at some time too!

Johnny,

I fitted the low coolant warning to my facelift and it was easy enough. Had to fit the LED to the circuit board though because they stopped doing so in production!!

IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 11:19am »

Jonny, how about sticking a blue or green LED in each of the door handles to shine some light on them, so to speak.  Cool
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14th, 2007, 2:22am »

The ability to switch on the rear overhead light from the front gives enough illumination to see the door handles....so if anyone pulls the ashtray out again, then it must be their brain that needs modifying  Wink  Grin
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14th, 2007, 9:03am »

I have the 2.3 which was registered in 1999, I believe it was manufactured in 98 so was probably stored somewhere for some time.  
I was surprised to find that it doesn't have the puddle lights in the doors or the rear facing red lights either Huh  

I couldn't understand why they would discontinue fitting features that were already tooled into the production process, in my opinion it would have been better to leave equipment in the spec and add more rather than, what I can only think of as penny pinching, while removing good safety features.

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14th, 2007, 10:25am »

Yes  it does seem strange, they ditched  cheap  safety related stuff  like puddle lights and rear facing  red door  lamps yet install  expensive and frankly frivilous gizmos like Headlamp washers  and  Parking sensors  Undecided
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Apr 14th, 2007, 10:40am »

Headlamp washers and parking sensors were available on all cars from the outset of production... however we did get 4 airbags on the facelift cars! (well most of them anyway - my blue 2.3 donor car hasn't got any!)
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.