Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 10:32pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« LPG. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   LPG.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LPG.  (Read 364 times)
Allen

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

LPG.
« on: May 13th, 2007, 3:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I thought my experience may interest anyone considering whether or not to bother with an LPG conversion.
I have just completed a self install of a fully sequencial system on my 2.9 12 valve. I bought the system off a dealer on ebay. The overall cost of the kit was i think about 800 quid. The kit i purchased was a very comprehensive kit leaving nothing else to be purchased and i included a new injector wiring harness to eliminate the need to chop wires (just plug and play), and the software to hook up my laptop and program the system. (also allows me endless adjustment possibilities affecting performance and economy).
I have been running this system now for a week and everything is working perfectly exactly as it should be. I cant believe how simple it was to set the system up once i had completed the install. The system is self callobrating and requires you to do next to nothing to set it up. It changes so smoothly to gas from petrol at the programmed point that i had to take it out onto an A road and tank in at 100 for a few miles to see whether the petrol guage showed any signs of usage, which it didnt, job done, perfect.
i saved a MASSIVE amount of money doing the install myself, it runs as well as if i had paid to have it done and this is not testament to my mechanical ability, it is testament to the quality of the kit and the after sales support from the guys who sold it to me. You get his phone number and he is available anytime for advise.
I am to have the install checked now by a recognised install company who will certify the install for 75 quid thus making everything cosher for the insurance company.
Is it worth doing..........? For me..yes, i had the money available at the time and it now gives me use of the vehicle without the worry of the cost. I can use the vehicle a lot more.
The Scorpio lends itself well to conversion mainly due to its size. I have a 70 ltr tank in the boot set between the suspension tops and i still have enough room for a pram and shopping.
If there is anybody who would like info on the kit used or a contact number for further research then let me know and i'll sort it out.
My only regret now is that i didnt buy the 24 valve version.
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

Re: LPG.
« Reply #1 on: May 14th, 2007, 1:10pm »

Hi Allen

Sounds good, I had mine done last year but cost loads more than that, I toyed with the DIIY aproach but decided against it, maybe not one of my better decisions...
I would be interested in the details, I am thinking of converting our Focus and that sort of price would make it more of a viable propossition.
thanks Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Allen

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: LPG.
« Reply #2 on: May 15th, 2007, 10:59pm »

Pete
The system i installed was a 'bigas' system. The guy i bought from is called Tim Clubb, he's a great source of information and his direct e-mail is sailplaneuk2003@yahoo.co.uk
You could e-mail him and explain your interest and i am sure he will reply by recommending the appropriate kit and all options open to you. If you explore the LPG kits on Ebay you will also see many of his kits.
The kits are of Italian origin, the company is in existance today and i contacted them directly, out of sheer interest just to see how much support was available from them direct, i was pleased with the assistance i received.
My only slight gripe with the kit was that the instruction booklet was done by the Italians in their best broken English and you had to study it quite hard in places to understand the instruction totally. This being said, confirmation of interperatation was only a phonecall away i.e. Tim.
Tim is currently in the process of revamping the instruction booklet. All this said, dont let it put you off as it is not 'bad'.
if you are to install yourself, put aside one full week to complete the install. Speak with Tim regularly prior to installation to ensure you comply with the current legislation. If you can change a set of plugs you can install one of these kits.
When it first arrives it is daunting to say the least but if you study the instructions carefully for a couple of days to familiarise yourself with the parts and the forthcoming installation requirements, once you start you will see that it is really very simple.
For the camparatively small cost i highly recommend purchasing both the software and pc lead and the injector wiring harness. This will save you a lot of both time and money.
If you decide to go ahead with an install yourself you could allways contact myself for any help or advise you require if you want the experience of someone who has just completed an install. (steveallen42003@yahoo.com)

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.