Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 6:26am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Testing Parts »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Testing Parts
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Testing Parts  (Read 509 times)
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Testing Parts
« on: May 19th, 2007, 9:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

High this is not a problem, just a general enquirey you guys nearly always come up trumps, at the moment I am going through a process of liimination to try and solve an issue I am having with my precious Scorpio I suspect its either the idle speed control valve or ignition coil packs I have managed to  locate coil packs and will fit them shortly but I am having great trouble sourcing the idle speed control valve, what I would like to know is, is there a way of testing these components as to there integrity the current coil packs look in good condition with no cracking and I have previously changed the ISCV albeit a used one, lastly what would I be expected to pay for a new ISCV from Fords.

Regards Kenboy
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

Re: Testing Parts
« Reply #1 on: May 19th, 2007, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Round about £65.00 from Ford (plus Gordons 17.5%) of course. You can get them off Ebay for less than half that (brand new). Then of course, there's always your local breakers.  Wink

I found out that most car makers ICV's are a standard fit, and will fit several cars. The one on my own Scorpio for example also fits the Ford Ka, and works perfectly. Basically (according to my local Ford guy, who is the Head mechanic at the dealership, and a bloke who knows what he's talking about too), so long as the mating face is the same as the Scorpio, (which most of them do) and the plug fits it, it should be OK.  Wink

Try this just to give you an idea. many of the firms selling them have a phone number so you can check it out with them.

HERE

Don't forget that you MUST fit a new gasket if you change it, otherwise you may well still have idle problems.  Smiley
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 19th, 2007, 12:43pm »

Ken, what's the problem?

If you're getting a misfire and it's above idle speed then it rules out the idle valve, if the car won't idle well but runs fine above with slight throttle then it points towards the idle valve. Never touched the valve on the Scorpio but SD is right, most ISCVs are generic parts and fit several makes of car...like the one on mine now is a pintle type made by Mitsubishi, £175 from the main dealer, £45 from anywhere else...

Not sure about coilpacks, it seems there's not much you can do to test them yourself, if they set a trouble code you can shift them around cylinders and see if the code follows them but that may only be on V engines with 2 banks...I'm nt sure about the DOHC. also check the wiring to the coilpacks, especially if it's a DOHC. I always say this, had a lot of trouble with it on mine where it had cracked and lost its insulation at the back of the engine.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 19th, 2007, 7:13pm »

Thanks for your help I have ordered new ISCV from imformation you advised.

Regards kenboy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.