Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 10:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« unknown connector »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   unknown connector
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: unknown connector  (Read 604 times)
cossieguy

1996 Cosworth Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

unknown connector
« on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 7:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

On the back of the 7000 head unit you have a 7 pinpower plug and a 8 pin speaker plug(both green) what's the yellow 6 pin plug inbetween them? (Only 3 pins connected).
 After looking have found out what they are:2 are radio to remote interface module and one is a speed signal to the radio? What happens if these aren't connected? Reason I ask is i'm thinking of fitting a 6006e 6 disk headunit into my Mondeo which has the same wiring as my cossie however the 6006e doesn't appear to have a connection for the mentioned plug only the 2 large green ones.
Guy.
PS this all assumes the mondeo and scorpio plugs are identical. The 7000 head unit worked fine in the mondeo so i'm guessing it is.
IP Logged
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

Re: unknown connector
« Reply #1 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 8:55pm »

plugs will be the same,  (the green ones)  

as for the yellow plug, the 2 are radio to remote interface module, if thats the steering coloumb stawk then it doesnt matter,

as for the speed signal, thats for the automatic volume controll in the radio, it's ment to turn the radio up if your on a noisey road, ive never known it to work, even with it set on max, but again doesnt effect the normal use of the radio
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
tintin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Re: unknown connector
« Reply #2 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:22pm »

not the same unit, but on my 2007, some bright spark had cut the radio to steering wheel stalk wire at the radio end (cos they had pulled the cd changer out, it must have given an error code). when i refitted a cd changer it still wouldnt work. finally got round to reattaching the stalk wiring to the radio, and hey presto all working again.

the wires to the stalk also feed to the cd changer (as it changes the cd etc), so without it, i suspect your cd changer will be non-existant as far as the head unit is concerned.

hope this helps,
IP Logged

'95 Cosworth Ultima
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.