Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 9th, 2024, 5:15am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Anyone know of a good garage in Birmingham? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Anyone know of a good garage in Birmingham?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone know of a good garage in Birmingham?  (Read 1360 times)
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

Re: Anyone know of a good garage in Birmingham?
« Reply #20 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 1:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The wings are bolted with 2X10mm bolts on the door post and then spot welded along the top and a couple of fixings behind and under the headlamp along with a plastic moulding that the bumper clips onto which was pop riveted onto the body, then there are a couple of plastic clips on the lower front of the wheelarch to accommodate two self tappers to hold the bottom of the bumper in place, the wheel arch liner then clips into place around the arch.
I have one that I fitted onto my old car, cost me £85, I just bolted it on at the time to get the car back on the road, spayed it up and it looked ok.

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 8:35pm »

im here !!!

yeah ive got a wing, in silver mind, (and still on the car) it's spot weled along the top and theres a few bolts down the side of the door and one at the bottom, not sure on how the bit below the headlight comes off, need to have a look...

i'll be finishing the odd bit on the cossie stripping so i'll have a bit of time to fiddle around with them.. keep you posted

as for fitting, i cant see why it couldnt be bolted on or pop rivited along the top. line up shouldnt be to difficult as you have 2 bolted points of referance, so once you have them on, close the bonet and set the gap then hold in place with mole grips or simlar...
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
dana

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Jun 9th, 2007, 12:47pm »

Wow, you guys have all been so helpful! I wasn't quite expecting that many replies. Not quite sure how to go about addressing everyone's posts but here goes.

Spannerdemon, thanks for the reassurance Smiley I am certainly glad I can still drive my car, at least it means the repairs aren't quite as urgent as they could otherwise have been, but I do want to get rid of any evidence of my own stupidity sooner rather than later - perhaps your simple and cheap solution involving marker pens would be a good one! I would of course supply anyone who helped with alcohol, whether beer or otherwise Smiley

As for petehull's post - I'll just nod. £85 doesn't sound too bad, though I'd have to pay for someone to spray it as I just don't have the facilities or knowledge to do it.

Definitely keep me posted on what happens with that wing Matt as I will most probably be interested. Is it worth posting elsewhere on this forum asking whether anyone has one going spare?

Again, thanks for all your advice!
IP Logged
Matt

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Jun 9th, 2007, 5:41pm »

yes and no

if you need unboltable stuff / unclippable stuff then post a topic in the parts wanted area, as for the wing they are a lot of work and require some tool members may not have,

ive  pm'd you  Smiley
IP Logged

Matt

View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: Jun 10th, 2007, 5:28pm »

got the wing off, so its yours if intrested
IP Logged

dana

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #25 on: Jun 18th, 2007, 3:26pm »

Matt - PM'd you last week, did you get it? If not I'll resend.
IP Logged
Matt

View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: Jun 18th, 2007, 6:15pm »

hi dana

its my fault, had a very busy weekend, mate came over and draged me round car sales showrooms checking cars over for him, yes i got the wing off and yes i got your pm, im working sat so can drop it off on the way home, if you still want it?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.