Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 2:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cosworth - General Spring Clean (Sensors & , e »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Give/Need advice to/from others
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Cosworth - General Spring Clean (Sensors & , e
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cosworth - General Spring Clean (Sensors & , e  (Read 356 times)
FordScorpioFan

I'm a YaBB (& relative Ultima 24vScorp) newbie! ;)

View Profile

Cosworth - General Spring Clean (Sensors & , e
« on: Sep 21st, 2007, 3:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

I have read on here several times, several places, and about several sensors, that their are various that are worth giving a spring clean once in a while.

The infamous MAF is one.. but their were a couple of others frequently mentioned.

Could anyone be so kind as to provide a brief list with details of location, removal and spring clean action (plus anything else to note, be aware of or consider, etc.).  

Further, it is pretty easy for most reasonably car wise people to do a basic "spring clean" come routine maintenance type list. Anyone care to help with the following as an example:

- oil
 - air filter
 - plugs
 - err.. (brain)...  ROFL .. hydraulic fluid every few years
 - coolant (odd this one - Ford manual says with Ford coolant and perhaps the Scorpio sealed system, coolant should be good for the life of the vehicle - but all the off the shelf coolants say life = 5 years?)
 - errm.. :? (oh yeah... ) oil filter...
 - polen filter (I know this is an option / pretty routine - I would probably personally not worry to much unless it clearly wants replacing, etc.)
 - gearbox oil and filter every few years (probably again for the keen - theoretically good for the life of the vehicle.. but if it wasn't quite so uneasy a nice / good idea and I should think imagine fairly certainly does it well)
 - <your entry / suggestion here>

(Again for the above a brief, location [lol], removal, and spring clean action [I think that is a bit more given for this list] would be helpful Smiley  - thanks ).

Best wishes and many thanks in advance,

Scorpio Fan

P.s. You can probably tell I am still a bit lost around the Scorpio particularly in the engine bay... lots of .. stuff... all rather tightly packed in and not particularly obvious .. particularly maybe electrics [bits everywhere], some extraneous parts and some pipes Wink . You will have to forgive me for a while whilst I learn my way around (please) Tongue .  
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: Cosworth - General Spring Clean (Sensors &
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 4:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There are no procedures for cleaning sensors, although the MAF does seem to benefit from a spray of carb cleaner on the tiny wires at every service. The only other part that really needs cleaning at service intervals is the IACV (idle air control valve), & once cleaned with carb spray, a little lubrication (3 in 1) may be needed  Smiley

After that, it's just the usual....change oil, oil filter, air filter (if it's dirty), plugs (every 30K miles), check pollen filters & deffinately change the fuel filter if there is no service record....it could be original   Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.